Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Too weak or good laydown?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. SB wins 11 BB. </font>
Old 06-27-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Too weak or good laydown?

You should really 3-bet the flop to try and get it headsup. UTG2 doesn't have a flush draw or likely even a queen or he'd have raised, so there's a great chance you get him to fold for 2 more small bets. Things get easier once you get it headsup with position.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:47 PM

You're probably right in that I should have 3 bet the flop, but what do you think about the fold on the turn after the check raise?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:23 PM

I don't like it. First, he doesn't have 69. Lots of Party players will play a flush draw exactly the same way on the turn hoping to get the guy to fold. He may have a queen, he may not. He may have a smaller pp or middle pair and is putting you on AK. I would have 3-bet the flop and am not folding the turn either way, especially now that it's HU.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:45 PM

I see this often.I think you should check the turn and call.Same for the river.Mainly because of the pot size.See the great post by Miller in "General".