Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 04:28 PM

Default New terrible rakeback rules at Party Affiliates

I just got an e-mail that my Affiliate account at Party is under investigation.After inquiring,they said that I have not signed up anyone for 60 days and I cannot withdraw my money until I do.I was given a phone # in London(not toll free) to discuss this further but he was gone for the weekend.
I have 1 affiliate that plays 10,000 hands per month with 2 tables and will soon be at 4 then 8 tables.
I will give this person to someone else if I cannot resolve this.Any suggestions?
Old 04-08-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: New terrible rakeback rules at Party Affiliates

Get a friend/parent/relative to open an account under you, play it yourself for a bit, that should work.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sue them.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got an e-mail that my Affiliate account at Party is under investigation.After inquiring,they said that I have not signed up anyone for 60 days and I cannot withdraw my money until I do.I was given a phone # in London(not toll free) to discuss this further but he was gone for the weekend.
I have 1 affiliate that plays 10,000 hands per month with 2 tables and will soon be at 4 then 8 tables.
I will give this person to someone else if I cannot resolve this.Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great man, that's really great.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:41 PM

I don't think this is new. I heard about this about a year ago and was warned about it by a friend before becoming an affiliate.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:51 PM

if you read your affiliate agreement, you'll see that they are just enforcing the agreement.

cheers!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:18 PM

The affiliate agreement does state that you must continue to sign up players, although they dont enforce it much.

My guess is that they think you are playing under your own affiliateship and are not attempting to sign up new players. Im sure alot of people do that.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if you read your affiliate agreement, you'll see that they are just enforcing the agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to work on your reading comprehension. While it does say that they can close your affiliate account for a variety of reasons (including no new signups), it also says they will keep paying you for your current players even if they close your account. By freezing your funds, they are breaking their agreement.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to work on your reading comprehension. While it does say that they can close your affiliate account for a variety of reasons (including no new signups), it also says they will keep paying you for your current players even if they close your account. By freezing your funds, they are breaking their agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my understanding also. That is, you can always collect on the players you signed up even if you can't get any new ones for 60 days. I also am "under investigation" and have not had a new signup in 60 days so we will see what happens.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:54 PM

Any updates?

If they think you are playing under your account, they will tell you I think. They can track your IP address so they are generally not shy about telling you if they suspect fraud.

I hope it works out for you.