Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-27-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Is this too aggressive with a lot of potential outs?

Am only interested in first 6 streets with what you think of my play as river was one of the better cards I could have got. No read on seat 5 but seat 8 is a regular who usually has good 3rd street starting requirements but does chase draws too far.

Also, if I'd bricked the river (caught a queen), seat 5 bets and seat 8 raises, can I still call likely 4 bets on the river due to size of pot? I could be up against two highs if that happened or seat 8 could have caught perfect for a low, I think I would make crying calls on a jammed river due to the size of the pot but wondering if this is a leak?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

4th Street - (13.00 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (8.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

6th Street - (21.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

River - (27.50 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (29.50 BB)
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Is this too aggressive with a lot of potential outs?

n/m
stud 8
oops.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM

i think it was perfect
Old 12-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Looks fine to me. I might even cap third, but that might be a little overdone with your dead fives, but I still probably do it in the heat of battle.

Your question about the river: I still probably pay it off since the pot is gigantic unless I have a excellent read on the player that I was beat. Against most opponents though, I'm calling this down.

Mike
Old 12-28-2005, 02:37 AM

You played it fine. I might be a little more conservative on third street, but jamming is fine.

Even if you blank off on the river, bet it for value. If the other guys go nuts, there is enough chance that both of them are on high hands that you have to call it down.