Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Default AKo makes nut flush

Table was really crazy - a very tricky LAG sitting at the table, and some other solid players.
Not sure I had that much of an edge at the table, but it was
fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Villain in the hand is 28/7/0.67 over ~300 hands.

What is your action on the river? Check to induce a bluff? Lead? Check-raise?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($91)
Button ($105.05)
Hero ($102.20)
BB ($208.71)
UTG ($232.65)
MP ($190.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $6</font>, BB calls $5, MP folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

Turn: ($34) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($34) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: AKo makes nut flush

You only have like 4th nut flush or whatever, but yeah I'd bet 20ish
Old 12-22-2005, 05:17 PM

it's the 2nd nut flush. with an AF of .67 I don't particularly trust dude to bet. lead for 25-30. if he pushes back, probably fold, but call any other raise I think.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:18 PM

I would valuebet here. I don't think he's going to bluff very often here. 1/2 pot sound good? I think a valubet is good because it will get called by lots of low flushes like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7x through Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Qx and maybe some other unlikely hands with a T in them.

Fold to an unlikely push in case he slowplayed TT or has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I don't think he would push here with a hand that doesn't have you beat.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:21 PM

naked A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] all beat hero :P
Old 12-22-2005, 05:22 PM

yeah I thouht "nut X" meant the best possible X? no? if not, color me n00b.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:23 PM

*Grunch*
[disclaimer] Before I get into it, let me qualify this by saying, I don't understand the rating number you put forward yet. I am saving that study for later on when I have a better understanding of Poker Tracker, and have my personal leaks plugged.[disclaimer off]

Maybe in retrospect you see you had the best hand, but it was NOT the nut flush -- you don't know where the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is, and BB is loose, what if he called with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? Hell, what if he called you with 34o?? None of these cases are very likely, but you should consider them. Especially A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Personally, I would bet 1/2 of the pot and see what came back at me and make my final decision then. I would probably call most anything short of an all-in raise, since your hand is nearly, but not quite, invincible.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:28 PM

I think you are right. He has the second nut flush, that doesn't mean second nuts. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are straight flushes which do have hero beat, but are different hands. Right?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM

There are a lot of hands that beat hero here, but based upon the play, it would seem that hero has a hand worthy of showdown. A half-pot bet on the river is fine. I would fold if villain comes over the top. I can't imagine any hand that hero beats doing that.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM

Anyways, this discussion isn't going to lead to anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I always think of flushes and straight flushes as "kinda same thing" as both have "flush" in their names, so saying K high flush is nut flush on 234 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] feels weird. I'd rather discuss the hand than this though