Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 AM

Default I get owned and a half.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: I get owned and a half.

You don't give any player descriptions but against a straightforward player you know you're toast on the flop raise. Okay so let's say you're 3-betting the flop so you can get capped and fold (are there any other reasons to 3-bet?). Okay that doesn't happen. Now once you bet the turn and he calls you have to be getting that sick feeling in your gut...correct? Now what's he calling the river with that you beat? Unless, of course, this guy is a calling station. Which again you give no description. You play better than this I'm pretty sure.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 AM

Played it a little fast for my taste. For the rare time that he's raising this drawless flop sans ace or king, just go calldown and let him hang himself. River bet/fold isn't bad.

P.S.
Your avatar scales horribly. Use this:
Old 12-14-2005, 08:14 AM

I'm folding the flop! why fight this puppy to death.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 AM

I don't think you fold the flop but I think 3 betting is a mistake as you are OOP and now are forced to lead the turn. If you just call the flop raise, you can check/fold the turn on a blank.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:28 AM

What are you betting this river with that you expect him to call with that you can beat?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB folds

[/ QUOTE ]

From this point on is spew.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM

I agree that there is a fold in there but exactly where. Do we give up easily enough to simply fold to the raise on the flop. We basically have 2 outs and no where near the odds to peel for set value. We know that a bet is coming if we check the turn.

I have a lot of trouble with these hands so I am looking for advise.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you fold the flop but I think 3 betting is a mistake as you are OOP and now are forced to lead the turn. If you just call the flop raise, you can check/fold the turn on a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with not 3-betting the flop and then having to lead the turn, I don't understand your rationale for calling the flop raise and check / folding the turn on a "blank". Everything is a "blank" aside from one of the two Queens in the deck left right? Why not just fold to the flop raise if you're looking to hit two outs?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 PM

once the flop gets raised why are you putting more than 1sb more into this flop without improvage?