Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 AM
BigBiceps BigBiceps is offline
Member

Default Absolute poker gift certificates ...

Can you use your AP points to give one of these gift certificates to yourself (new item in the AP store)?

I had previously thought the AP points were worthless (unless you like Mark Seif Bobbleheads).
Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 AM
MrMon MrMon is offline
Senior Member

Location: St. Louis, MO
Default Re: Absolute poker gift certificates ...

I'm sure a lot of us are wondering the same thing. If you can't give 'em to yourself, a 2+2 gift exchange may result.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
cwes cwes is offline
Junior Member

Location: Kiel, GER

I have sent a gift certificate to myself. We'll see what happens, I'll keep you updated.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:45 PM
livinitup0 livinitup0 is offline
Junior Member

Absolute's affiliates and promotions are so jacked up right now that even their props are leaving. Boo AP!!! BOO!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 PM
rhizome rhizome is offline
Junior Member

Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
istewart istewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Baseball Preview Issue

Can you write them to friends and vice versa?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:18 AM
alimomoney alimomoney is offline
Junior Member

Nothing in the link that says recipient has to be different from giver.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Guest

I can't access link from work but can the recipient have an existing AP account? Could I give my buddy a couple $50 certificates and have him repay me via Neteller? Do they attach a raked hand requirement to it like a bonus? I've got about 20k in points and this would be a great way to use them.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
alimomoney alimomoney is offline
Junior Member

Don't know the answers to your questions, but a reply from Absolute made it clear that you can't give a gift certificate to yourself. Anybody interested in a trade?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:01 AM
cwes cwes is offline
Junior Member

Location: Kiel, GER

Dear Whore,

Thank you very much for playing at Absolute Poker.
This email is regarding your purchase of one or more Gift Certificates on the Store. I’m afraid that your order cannot be completed, since, according to the terms and conditions of this promotion: -- “Gift Certificate(s) are not available for straight cash purchase, and cannot be returned or used in your own account.”--
Therefore, we have canceled the order that you made and placed back in your account the points that you used. We are very sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you.
If there are any concerns regarding this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to contact us back.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Alejandra

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash. See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp for more details!