Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-24-2004, 04:31 PM

Default Re: A few questions for Raymer, other pros, or anyone else in the know...

[ QUOTE ]
That seems pretty steep, especially considering what they're getting in TV revenues, merchandising, etc. now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Party Poker $1 million guaranteed is a $600+$40, for a ratio of 1/15 or about 6.7%. The WSOP has a ratio of 3/47, which is slightly better than that. How much cheaper (rakewise) do you expect them to get?
Old 10-24-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: A few questions for Raymer, other pros, or anyone else in the know...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You misunderstood my question...obviously the winner gets more than the rake back in endorsements.

[/ QUOTE ]

also i think he wins some small cash prize.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the rake was a total of something like $1.5M. I know that I personally do not expect to get $1.5M out of being the champion (e.g., from endorsements, the 2+2 book, and the like). However, it is quite possible that the extra money I make, combined with the extra money made by David Williams, Josh Arieh, and other players who picked up or increased their notoriety, will exceed $1.5M.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...this is what I was looking for...so, in other words, paying the rake is +EV in this tourney due to the unique exposure you can get from it possibly.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:21 PM

And one of the TD's told me they are raising it next year 2-3% for each tourney.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 10-24-2004, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And one of the TD's told me they are raising it next year 2-3% for each tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't surprise me a bit, since each event will see even MORE entrants next year
Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 AM

raymer, a book, wow talk about milkin it.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:51 AM

I don't know if I'd say that was miling it or not. I mean if I won it and someone approached me and said " I'll give you 500,000 (yes a guess) to write a book". I'm pretty sure I'd get a patent attorney to look it over and jump at it.

I think Greg is great for poker. He's very respectful to others, obviously very smart and very aggressive.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'd get a patent attorney to look it over and jump at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since Greg is a patent attorney, he may be willing to look it over for you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2004, 04:29 PM

Yea...I think that was the joke.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'd get a patent attorney to look it over and jump at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since Greg is a patent attorney, he may be willing to look it over for you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2004, 05:54 PM

you know what's funny jonjon, I've had several ppl suggest that I write a book.... How ridiculous is that. I've been playing professionally for like a year, I could barely fill like a magazine article, much less a book.

Gavin Griffin