Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: 10/05 Party Stock Report Rakeback Highlights

I put up a poll in the zoo on what 2+2ers are doing and it appears as though about 1/4 have moved on to other sites as their #1 place with others still debating. Most are in limbo right now.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1
Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM

Here are some facts:

InterPoker changed the way they calculate raked hands. I immediately stopped participating in their monthly bonus and have not played there since.

When MultiPoker decided to up the play-through requirements to 20X, I decided it was not worth my time to play there anymore. I have not played there since.

UltimateBet decided to cut bonus points earned in half. When bonuses were available after that, I made deposits to stack my bonus money up but had no intention of playing it off until it was reverted back to the way it was. That has not happened and this last bonus that was offered, I didn't even bother with depositing to stack it.

When Party decided to abandon their other skins and take rakeback away......

Do you see a pattern? I am not the only one. There are plenty of other places to play. There are other deals to be had. Party does not have the grasp on the market that they think they do.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:29 PM

I have a stupid question. What is a stock report? Is the first post a report from a stock brokerage firm? I tried clicking on the link but it didn't show me anything.

I'm not doubting the veracity of the report, it is obviously well-written. I just want to know the origins.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess this explains the various "bonuses" seen this month:

[ QUOTE ]
One objective of PartyGaming’s data mining project is to identify key groups of players and to develop the incentive they find attractive to remain playing
with the site.

What PartyGaming needs to do is to find an attractive bonus/reward
structure which stimulates the greatest amount of play for the smallest discount on
rake

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont be playing those 4500 hands for $180. Datamine that phuckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get an offer for my regular Party account - but the account I set up with somebody for rakeback (who fuked me out of my rakeback) was offered $648 for 6720 hands played. That's a pretty good offer...........but then the mf that stiffed me would get my rakeback - and I think I'll pass. Funny how that worked out.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hrm interesting. the multitablers are obviously much more important than once thought.

[ QUOTE ]
PartyGaming indicated that one of the problems this year had been a reduced frequency of play among their bigger players. It seems reasonable to assume that some of these players have been playing more actively on third-party sites where they get some of their rake back.

PartyGaming has published that in 2004 10% of the players account for 70% of the rake

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems kinda tough to say, as it's not just multitablers that are featured in that 10%, but also higher limit players, disproportionately vs low-limit players.

This might also lead us to believe that it only takes 1 fish to feed 7 sharks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think catering to the fish is by far the most important thing a card room can do, because sharks will stay for the fish...

The problem is that since fish don't care about stuff like rake or rake-back, we're screwwed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PartyGaming indicated that one of the problems this year had been a reduced frequency of play among their bigger players. It seems reasonable to assume that some of these players have been playing more actively on third-party sites where they get some of their rake back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems "reasonable to assume" that PartyGaming shot itself in the foot when they cancelled the rakeback affiliate's MGR trackers not so long ago. Of course if their most active players are suddenly cut from their rakeback, they will move their play to one of the skins. Was this a surprise to party management?

[ QUOTE ]
The challenge to PartyGaming’s management is to find an incentive structure which players find as attractive as rake back without the explicit strategic threats that it represents.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is this "strategic threat"? Rakeback offers an incentive to play a ton of hands, with no hand count cap, as there is on bonuses. For every hand that a player earns rakeback on, Party earns more than twice as much! Why do they not want this, and want it a lot?

I really have great dificulty in understanding PartyGaming's thought process behind their actions during the last year.

Enjoy!

Dave.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:43 PM

Here is another commentary story about Party breaking away and rakeback. http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8210-1819647,00.html

You might have to copy and paste it to your browser.

I am also looking for a link to that Stock Report by Citigroup. Someone sent it to me in .pdf. That was my op.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The challenge to
PartyGaming’s management is to find an incentive structure which players find as
attractive as rake back without the explicit strategic threats that it represents.....

what PartyGaming needs to do is to find an attractive bonus/reward
structure which stimulates the greatest amount of play for the smallest discount on
rake.

[/ QUOTE ]