Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 04-05-2004, 08:31 AM

Default New $500 one-table NLHE SNGs on Stars

I just noticed that Stars has a $500+30 one-table NLHE SNG listed in the SNG lobby. This must be pretty new. It seems odd that they're charging $30 rake when they have one-table PLOHL SNG's at $500+20. (Are those new too or have they been around a while?)

What I'm really curious about is how the $500 SNGs will compare to the $300 in terms of toughness. Will they make the $300s softer? tougher?

Stars also is now listing one-table "High Speed NL Hold'em" SNGs where the levels increase every five minutes rather than every ten. The stakes of the high speed SNGs interleave the existing NLHE stakes: $55+5, $25+2, and $15+1.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Re: New $500 one-table NLHE SNGs on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
The stakes of the high speed SNGs interleave the existing NLHE stakes: $55+5, $25+2, and $15+1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was asking myself about these ones, but havn't tryed yet. If you look at what the house takes on these, they are probably the best SNG offer on-line, especially the 15+1, but also the other two. I wonder how they are played, with a very fast pace but almost twice chips to begin with than in Party.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:08 AM

Two words: Crap, shoot.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two words: Crap, shoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree Tyler. I think that the Party Sit n Go's are much more of a crap shoot than the Stars High speed. The difference between Party and Stars is much much greater than the difference between the Stars High speed and normal speed.

I like the new format. One reason is that, as Praying M pointed out they are much cheaper rake.

Try it. You might like it.

Jonathan
Old 04-05-2004, 01:23 PM

I will give them a try, but (apart from the rake) I don't see why a good player would let the game rely more on luck than skill. This is also my argument for Stars vs Party.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:52 PM

Well I am pretty sure they are good for hourly rate compared with the 10 minute intervals. Plus I think some of the better players will avoid them.