Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Washington vs. Denver -7

Both defenses are ranked 3rd in their confrences respectively. Washigtons offense is actually ranked a few spots higher than Denvers.

Both of these teams are allowing only a total of about 13pts/game, with the giveaway/takeaway advantage going to Denver. Both teams have good Special Teams.

The weather is supposed to be 70* with a chance of showers on Sunday in Denver.

Denver is DEFINETLY a public favorite, while almost everyone that I have seen talk about the Redskins thiks their 4-0 start is a fluke.

How is this line at -7, with the a big majority of the public leaning towards Denver??? Looks like a definete UNDER and WASH pick.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Washington vs. Denver -7

I couldn't agree more. I may be biased because I picked the Skins to finish 2nd in the East before the season, but when I look at their team there's not a lot I don't like. They have the defense, Portis, a lot of injuries last year, good coaching (don't understand everyone came to the conclusion that Gibbs had "lost it" after ONE bad year - it wasn't a winning franchise before he got there and Vermeil stunk in his 1st years with the Rams & Chiefs). It just boils down to getting something out of the QB position, which is a big if...but on the other side, Plummer isn't exactly Mr. Consistency either, and the Broncos homefield hasn't been as big of an advantage as people think since the new stadium opened a few years ago.
I'm shocked everyone and their brother likes Denver to cover 7 in what seems like a 17-14 game, but I would take the points.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:07 PM

It's one thing to play in Denver when the weather cooperates with the Bronco's. However, 70* and light rain is perfect football weather for a running team like the Redskins.

7pts just seems like a lot of points to give up to a 4-0 team, when both teams aren't overpowering on offense.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's one thing to play in Denver when the weather cooperates with the Bronco's. However, 70* and light rain is perfect football weather for a running team like the Redskins.

7pts just seems like a lot of points to give up to a 4-0 team, when both teams aren't overpowering on offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's twice, the skins are 3-0 and will not be 4-0.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's twice, the skins are 3-0 and will not be 4-0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats right, the broncos dont start choking it away till a few more weeks in
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Maybe they wont be 3-0. But thats not the point of my post. They might end up 3-1 on Sunday evening, but they WON'T lose by 7 or more.