Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Defending Matusow

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow is one of the more entertaining players to watch. And, unlike that Phil Hellmouth jagoff, he can actually make fun of himself. He's A-OK in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]Shouldnt that be AKo...oh....nevermind...
Old 07-13-2005, 04:18 PM

Gotta say, watching Matusow on TV, he comes across VERY badly. But in person at the tables, he's hilarious, very entertaining, seems nice. Maybe just wears emotions on sleeve too much (particularly after losing). Covering the main event, my opinion of him changed this week for sure.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow has a history of problems and is obviously not the most stable guy in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask his computer monitor
Old 07-13-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was it he went to jail for again?

[/ QUOTE ]

A non-violent, drug-related joke of a "crime."
Old 07-13-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think matusow gives the best interviews in poker. i like him a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 06:28 PM

Default how sweet it is!

Date / Time: 2005-07-13 14:42:00
Title: Matusow Cracks $4 Mil
Log: Mike Matusow has just cracked the $4,000,000 chip mark, and he is now the chip leader.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:07 PM

I think that alot of the Raymer groupies on 2+2 try to give Matusow a bad rap for something he did a year ago. It takes alot of guts to talk about the problems that ruined his life on national television. Also, he might be a trash talker, but he's a good card player, and after the bad beat he took last year, for him to be in the chip lead right now with forty some people left is a credit to his determination. Poker is an egotistical sport, so for those people who can't take a little trash talking, I say grow up, by taking it seriously, your at the same level as the person dishing it out. A respectful image of poker where people say Thank you instead of trash talking isn't going to do anything for poker, but alot of the same people on 2+2 who belittle NEW (Keyword NEW) players for their play do alot to hurt the sport of poker. People don't mind proffesionals trash talking, that's why Muhamed Ali is considered to be a legend. What's good for poker isn't seeing people respect the game, but entertainment value and seeing Joe Smith from nowhere, u.s.a, qualify to win millions of dollars and hang with professionals. So, in conclusion, all the raymer groupies have to get out of Matusows grill.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that alot of the Raymer groupies on 2+2 try to give Matusow a bad rap for something he did a year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with all the Raymer groupies here? The guy's worth millions and could buy and sell everyone here four times over and yet there is a never-ending line of people on this site who are clamoring to massage his testicles. They protect him like he is a 2-year-old girl or something.

Do people think that Raymer will give them money if they say nice things about him here?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:16 PM

"Mike is a pussycat" - Howard Lederer on FTP rail chat
Old 07-13-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think matusow gives the best interviews in poker. i like him a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his videos have been the thing that has started to win me over. He is obviously a funny guy, and he is obviously well liked by most of the poker pros who know him well. The videos show a very self depricating side to him that I like and that counters his "I've got big balls, you've got tiny balls" bravado for which he is so disliked.

As to the drug arrest, if I recall correctly, he went to jail because he facilitated a deal between some other people and a friend he was helping out. Evidently, he did the time because he would not rat out the others involved. I find that to be somewhat admirable in an otherwise sad situation.

I also have a feeling that his winning this, or at least doing really well, might humble him. Don't flame me on this ... it is a gut feeling that could be 100% wrong.

Go Fossilman, Matesow and Ivy. Love to see that final table.

NCAces