Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:27 PM

Default KK with all unders

hero's table image is somewhat laggish. raises a lot in position and takes down a lot of pots with continuation bets. read on villain is that he's a thinking player, *semi-tricky* around a 30/12/2. he's seen hero's play for about 200 hands or so, and may be in the mood to make a stand against hero's aggresive style.

empire 100nl 6 max

hero is in CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (~$250)
villain (~$145)

preflop: folds around to hero, who raises to $4. fold, fold, fold, BB (villain) calls $4

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
villain checks, hero bets $6, villain donk minraises to $12, hero reraises to $35, villain pushes, hero folds

how's the line? too aggresive on the flop? call minraise and reevaluate on the turn? let me know.

--solids
Old 12-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: KK with all unders

I guess his range here is qq, kk, aa, any set, random two pair? Would he do this with a combo draw. Would he do this with qq? Looks like a fold to me, kinda hard to find a call here without a stellar read.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:33 PM

I don't like your raise to $35 if you're not going to call the all-in

You will make alot of worse hands fold, and many hands will come over the top, so you're losing value either way. Either call the all-in, or don't raise it.

I probably would have called and reevaluated, betting any of the missed draws. If I get played back at again, then I'd probably fold
Old 12-01-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess his range here is qq, kk, aa, any set, random two pair? Would he do this with a combo draw. Would he do this with qq? Looks like a fold to me, kinda hard to find a call here without a stellar read.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen. but i guess the real question is, should hero 3-bet the flop, or call and evaluate...
Old 12-01-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

amen. but i guess the real question is, should hero 3-bet the flop, or call and evaluate...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hero played it perfectly, call and evaluate is no good here. Pretty damn safe flop with 2 draws, 3bet looks good here. Once you are 4bet, I think its safe to muck it. What is a much harder situation is when you 3bet and villain smooth calls. There I am leading most turns for 2/3 and folding to a raise. I think hero played this pot to perfection.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your raise to $35 if you're not going to call the all-in

You will make alot of worse hands fold, and many hands will come over the top, so you're losing value either way. Either call the all-in, or don't raise it.

I probably would have called and reevaluated, betting any of the missed draws. If I get played back at again, then I'd probably fold

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh, perhaps. but this flop is pretty draw heavy, especially considering a minraise from the BB. why not charge villain for the turn?

--solids