Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 02:05 AM

Default bubble question

New to the forum and hope to get some opinions. In a multi table tourney with 120 players remaining. Paying top 110. I am small stacked and in the small blind with jacks.

Early position player with maybe 800 chips less than me goes all in. The big blind and I remain as all else have folded.

My debate is fold and wait for better and surely get in the money or call and take my chances because if I lose this pot I won't make the money without winning a hand.

I think he has a mid pair or higher or maybe ace-face as he is early and was not forced to make a move(meaning he could hit the money before making a play for all his chips).

No doubt you will tell me think about getting to the final table and quit worrying about just getting in the money. True I know. However, is this really a good spot for me to go for it?

Turns out I decide to call and my JJ is up against his AJ unsuited. I'm fairly happy with that but of course he turns an ace. My life story!! Only positive is that despite thinking I wouldn't, my puny stack held out for 108th and a tiny profit.

Looking for opinions as I don't know if this is an either/or is fine situation or decidedly obvious.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:24 AM

Default Re: bubble question

bad beat police?
Old 08-26-2004, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bad beat police?

[/ QUOTE ]
first of all... yes.

Second... push your own stack. Make the BB have to have an even better hand to want to call.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:16 AM

At that point it's a coin flip type of decision and I think you need to push. Chances are if he does have small pockets he folds and if he calls with AK,AQ the risk/reward is there.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 AM

Not even close. Push, Push, Push.