Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 09:35 PM

Default i try to be like soiler

Party Poker (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: i try to be like soiler

This flop seems like a good one to flatcall with the intention of raising a good turn.

I also don't like raising the turn re-donk because if he can donk twice in one hand he can do it 3 times and I would puke if I didn't get to showdown with those two BBs.

Also given the relative positions you can't protect your hand so your raise can only be for value.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM

There's way too many "UTG" and "MPs" in there. I'm lost.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-23-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This flop seems like a good one to flatcall with the intention of raising a good turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought this too, but also thought that a raise might get SB to 3-bet his 4 and knock out the other 2 players and/or make it much more likely that MP2 and UTG+2 would fold their overcards to a follow-through bet on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't like raising the turn re-donk because if he can donk twice in one hand he can do it 3 times and I would puke if I didn't get to showdown with those two BBs.
Also given the relative positions you can't protect your hand so your raise can only be for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good points. What percent of the time do you think SB has a 9? I think he plays a 2 like that never, and if MP had a 2 we would've known on the turn. I think I'm ahead here a lot of the time, so I'm raising for value.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also thought that a raise might get SB to 3-bet his 4 and knock out the other 2 players

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have some kind of read you did not post, I think this is really a stretch. If he 3 bets, you are often drawing to 2 outs and don't really care if they are still in.

I don't think he 3 bets a 4 very frequently.

edit - never mind - I thought you were talking about the turn action.