Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Call this river 3 bet with AA?

Vilain is a tightish TAG 19/12/3.7 over 750 hands, likely to be a 2+2er. He overplays his hands at times but is overwise solid. The table has been killing me and I am into my 2nd buy-in. I am only sticking around cause a LAG at the table is giving it away. Sadly what he is giving away is mostly my money as he sucked out with a 3 outer against me on the river 4 hands running! So my image is crap, especially after I tilt 3 bet with Middle Pair against same TAG as this hand earlier and folded to his cap.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero?

How is my line in this hand? I tried to play it as WA/WB and then the river raise for value.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Call this river 3 bet with AA?

blah, your hand is so obviously AA or KK, his 3-bet has to be for value.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 PM

there's a flush draw and it's multiway, take the initiative back on the flop. it's not wa/wb IMO
Old 12-21-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's a flush draw and it's multiway, take the initiative back on the flop. it's not wa/wb IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep very true. Shows how easy it is to get affected by a bad table, cause if you double my stack here then I raise this flop without a second thought.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Raise the flop or turn. I wouldnt wait till the river. If he is on a draw you are losing money by just calling.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:10 PM

I dont' see how this river raise can be for value nearly often enough for it to be worthwhile. Overcards fold, a 4 folds, big pairs 99-KK might call.

I dunno, BB has been betting the whole way, I'd just show down. This is a T way too often to make raising for value IMO, plus I don't like folding to a river 3-bet here, although we are almost certainly beat.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:13 PM

raise flop, call down if 3bet.

or

raise turn and fold to a 3bet
Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 PM

i think i call the river, given a combination of factors.
you are on tilt, and he knows it. he may well have a hand like 99/88 which given his preflop stats, he would not have reraised from the BB. as you said, he is overplaying his hands and may think you have gone totally nuts and are raising AK or something. it's a reasonably large pot at this point, and folding here will destroy your already poor image (assuming you want to stay at the table).

of course, you should have raised the flop or turn.
i think i lean towards turn because you are WA/WB to a degree, except for the club draw which you extract the maximum from by raising turn.