Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Default T9s vs. unknown

Sorry, I don't have any reliable read on villain for this hand. So treat him as unknown.

I assume the preflop raise is standard. But I feel like I just got outplayed on the flop. To be honest I'm not sure why I raised. I think I didn't want to give up that easily. How would you guys play this hand? Why?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: T9s vs. unknown

You should fold to the flop 3-bet without thinking about it again. And I don't raise preflop with the limper, only first 1 from the button with T9s.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:01 PM

i also dislike the pf raise, you're gonna be looking at a 3-way pot the majority of the time you do this.

i also dislike the flop raise. i'd call the flop. if the turn was a high diamond, then i would probably make a play for it. i save my going to war with nothing here for at least K-high.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should fold to the flop 3-bet without thinking about it again. And I don't raise preflop with the limper, only first 1 from the button with T9s.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it changes anything, it's a poster, not a limper.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:22 PM

Poster is still getting 5:1 preflop, so you're only eliminating worst hands. Also, I'm only thinking about making the flop raise with a read on villian beyond pokertracker.