Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: a turn check raise..

I think you have to fold if he comes over the top. What hands can you beat that he comes back over the top of you with?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: another thought..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol. so many people are terribly wrong about phil being too weak tight. it works out rather well for him. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he isn't I'm just busting his balls a bit. But c'mon, you can't check fold here, bet if you get raised big it's an easy fold since it's early in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i think you CAN.. but it may not be the best play.. but it should still be an option at least CONSIDERED. iduno, maybe not. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting next to raptor when this hand went down and I considered check folding the flop. I am as far from weak tight as they come and overplaying overpairs is one of my biggest leaks. That's how bad this flop looked to me.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:56 PM

I mean if u check the turn and he throws out a real bet.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think by leading the flop you would know exactly where you stand. A bet of 275 or so looks about good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmmmm

So if someone raises, where do you stand? And if someone calls, where do you stand? I never understand posts like this.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

My play here would to proceed very cautiously against a caller, and fold to a raise as you are too frequently drawing dead. I like leading at the flop as it allows you to get away from the hand for relatively cheap when you are behind. The line that Dave took was very expensive and I think that too often he is up against a set or an overpair. Also, the times he is up against AK or AQ, he is giving away two free cards which is a huge mistake.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:13 PM

After having thought about this hand, I like check raising the flop and folding to a push is the best line, followed closely by check call, lead turn. Also, having gotten to the turn the way we did, I think a check-raise is best.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After having thought about this hand, I like check raising the flop and folding to a push is the best line, followed closely by check call, lead turn. Also, having gotten to the turn the way we did, I think a check-raise is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea at this point of reflection, i like the line up to the turn. instead of a call i think a raise to around 700 is in order. if he bet 500ish on the turn.. im pretty sure i would just fold. holla
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think by leading the flop you would know exactly where you stand. A bet of 275 or so looks about good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmmmm

So if someone raises, where do you stand? And if someone calls, where do you stand? I never understand posts like this.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

My play here would to proceed very cautiously against a caller, and fold to a raise as you are too frequently drawing dead. I like leading at the flop as it allows you to get away from the hand for relatively cheap when you are behind. The line that Dave took was very expensive and I think that too often he is up against a set or an overpair. Also, the times he is up against AK or AQ, he is giving away two free cards which is a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

the line i took was actually VERY inexpensive. a lot of players are willing to get stacked right there. leading at the flop is awful imo. i hate it to the utmost. where do i stand if he calls. where do i stand if he raises? u dont find anything out. rawr. holla
Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 PM

You have to figure his raise preflop meant AK, AA, KK, QQ(unlikely), JJ, TT there's probably not much else. The flop bet is easily a continuation bet. So if you check and he turns up the heat and puts out a real bet out on the turn you pretty much have to give him credit for a better hand or a great bet.

I think this small turn bet is a great chance to put in a good sized raise and find out if your hand is best or not.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:47 PM

I think you need to decide whether you are going to play the hand or not. If you are going to play the hand then you need to put villain to a decision that would commit him to the pot either BTF or ATF. Otherwise you are just waiting to have the pot taken from you.

I favor reraising to T700 BTF. I'd only expect AA,KK, and AK to continue in the hand so I'd be inclined to call a push.

ATF AA,KK,AK or the representation of them will bet this flop so I'd check raise.

If villain has the best hand then you won't get to a showdown cheap, if he doesn't you won't get to a showdown cheap either.