Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Peace scorecard: Israel: 2, Arabia: 0

For years the world was united in not competing against the South Africans. The South Africans were happy to compete against anyone.

It is one thing if the British refused to compete with Israel. That could be a ideological boycott.

Only Arab (or Muslim) states refuse to deal with Israel.

How can you really be protesting Israel's occupation if you don't even recognize Israel in the first place?

What Iran had essentially done, was refuse to celebrate Christmas because Santa Claus left it the wrong colour sweater last year.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:45 PM

It is a logical fallacy to assume anything about the Arab world's desire for peace based on the actions of one Iranian and one Egyptian.

Interesting story:

MidEastWeb
Old 05-04-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont need to pretend to be stupid

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you mistake ignorant for stupid [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sry, but if you leave the goal wide open like that...

[ QUOTE ]

I covered both basis. Either they feel oppressed or they did it in support of the oppressed. My point was that if they did it for the oppressed then it is a hollow gesture unless they are truly supporting the palestinians - which I doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed
Old 05-04-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Israel\'s 20 years of rejectionism

1. Number of years since the PLO offered peace with Israel in return for withdrawal from the occupied territories and repatriation of refugees: 20.

2. Arab countries who have offered to "consider the Arab-Israeli conflict over, sign a peace agreement with Israel, and achieve peace for all states in the region" and "establish normal relations with Israel within the framework of this comprehensive peace" if Israel withdraws from the occupied territories and agrees to a "just settlement" for Palestinian refugees ("Beruit Declaration" of 3/28/02):

Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestinian Authority
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

3. Number of times Israel has agreed to even consider these terms: never.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This last Olympic Games, you may recall how an Iranian Judoka made a mockery of the spirit of goodwill by refusing to compete against his Israeli opponent.

Now, an Egyptian table tennis player has decided ona repeat non-performance.

I always find it interesting how the Israeli never has a problem turning up to compete against his or her Arab/Muslim opponent. The problem is always on the other side.

What does this tell you about Israel's and the Arab world's respective desires for peace?

Bear in mind that Egypt is supposedly at peace with Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tells me absolutely nothing about each faction's respective desire for peace. It only tells me about certain individuals in the sporting world.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For years the world was united in not competing against the South Africans. The South Africans were happy to compete against anyone.

Hypothetically, would the Israelis have travelled to Munich for the Summer Games in 1936?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say either way about your hypothetical, but it's interesting to note that the US 4x400 relay team was supposed to include, in addition to Jesse Owens, famed New York sports announcer Marty Glickman. Glickman was kept off the team because it was thought to be "too much" to have a relay team composed of Hitler's favorite folks, blacks and jews.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Israel\'s 20 years of rejectionism

Beirut Declaration 3/28/02

Are you [censored] kidding me?

After 54 years of declaring a stated goal of total annihilation suddenly everything will be ok if we give back half the country, give the terrorists full and open possession of arms, and cut the width of a beseiged country to 12km.

let's give half of new york to afghanistan and iraq for military bases.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Israel\'s 20 years of rejectionism

[ QUOTE ]
let's give half of new york to afghanistan and iraq for military bases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, let's just get out of those two countries.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:51 AM

Default You are lying

[ QUOTE ]
After 54 years of declaring a stated goal of total annihilation suddenly everything will be ok if we give back half the country, give the terrorists full and open possession of arms, and cut the width of a beseiged country to 12km.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your number is a shameless lie.

The rest of your claims, eg a whole nation as terrorists, are blatants falsehoods, as well. I recall when you last (and very clearly) painted the whole Palestinian nation as terrorists in one of your posts, only for the resident pedant of these pages, MMMMMM, to jump all over the subsequent protests and start disputing you realy meant it! Nice to see your streak of foot shooting is intact.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:59 AM

Default I\'ll hijack this to Haifa

On a related note, I always wondered why fools such as zaxx or Gamblor keep on keeping on a losing pattern? They insist on starting threads which clearly end up with their beloved Reformed Zionist cause having mud on its face! Yet they're still at it week after week.

The pattern goes like this:
1. Thread started by Reformed Zionist with snide and/or sarcastic post about "Palis" and the superiority of Israelis/Jews in all aspects of life.
2. Rush of kowtowing posts by resident neo-cons who identify American interests with Israeli interests.
3. Incicive and devastating rebuttal, with citation of history and facts, usually by Chris Alger.
4. Avalanche of obfuscating or insulting posts directed at poster rather than content.
5. End of thread in chaos of noise, with the rebuttal buried in it and initial point left standing.

...Oh, now I get it.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Number of years since the PLO offered peace with Israel in return for withdrawal from the occupied territories and repatriation of refugees: 20.
<font color="white"> .</font>
2. Arab countries who have offered to "consider the Arab-Israeli conflict over, sign a peace agreement with Israel, and achieve peace for all states in the region" and "establish normal relations with Israel within the framework of this comprehensive peace" if Israel withdraws from the occupied territories and agrees to a "just settlement" for Palestinian refugees ("Beruit Declaration" of 3/28/02):
Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestinian Authority
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen
3. Number of times Israel has agreed to even consider these terms: never.

[/ QUOTE ]