Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Mutlitabling

This topic may have come up at some point previously....not sure.

I see people multitabling 2-4 tables at a time. Can this actually be MORE profitable than just playing one table??? I have tried playing even just 2 tables and find it virtually impossible to play properly. Even if you fold at one table and go to your other table (so u r just involved in one hand) its not optimal bc you missed the betting pattern and stuff like auto-calls or raises that may have happened before you looked there. You can only watch one table at any given instant. And when you are in 2 hands at a time,especailly 2 multiway pots, there is absolutley no way you can keep track of whats going on properly to make the best decisions at each table. Even if you have 2 or more monitors and Poker Tracker/Gametime Plus (which I have), it's not possible to play optimally. Playing 4 tables at once is just insane!

I am not doubting that you can be a winner multitabling, but my question is this. Is it MORE profitable to multitable or to concentrate on one game at a time? If you think it is bettter to multitable, PLEASE explain how you do it?? I too would tike to quadruple my winnings.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Mutlitabling

Its an aquired skill like anything.
When u play tight ur not playing all that many hands so theres a lot of waiting anyway.

Anything less then 4 tables and Im sitting around waiting too long, when u could be playing and making $$$
Old 02-11-2005, 11:03 AM

It takes a little practice but after a while you will be able see all the betting in all the games. A monitor with no overlap is helpful. Start with 2 tables and work your way up. It is not as difficult as it seems.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:05 AM

it does take some getting used to.

however, there is no doubt that multitabling can increase profits. think of it like this: say you make 3BB/100 hands on 1 table. when you play 4 at a time, say this rate drops to 2BB/100 hands (mostlikely an overexageration).

your overall winrate is now 2.7 times greater when you play 4 tables, compared with only 1.

if you use playerview or gametime+, your ability to read players is improved greatly.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:05 AM

Yes, this has come up. There are some good threads about it (search this forum, and also micro-limits and general hold'em I think)
One has to be a fairly solid player capable of beating the game in question before attempting to multitable. If you would like to try it, maybe play 1 table at your normal limit and another at a lower limit. This way you can concentrate on your main table. Missing reads on the lower limit table won't be as bad since there will be worst players anyway.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:26 PM

Is there any way to minimize the size of the tables on Party so more than one fits on my screen? I tried to change the reslution but it still wouldn't fit.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:36 PM

Wow.. see my post and be amazed then:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=1#Post1713600
Old 02-11-2005, 04:29 PM

I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again.

I HATE MULTITABLERS..!!!!!

I don't care if you are winning or losing. But I am always having to WAIT on you jerks to finish some hand or other to come on to my table and FOLD after taking 29 1/2 of the allotted 30 seconds.

And, you probably help thin the fish population (that's me sometimes) faster than otherwise. But that is secondary.

I play 6 max tables just because they generally move faster. I would really rather play full ring games, but they move SO SLOW BECAUSE OF ALL THE FREAKING MULTITABLERS.

I truly wish they would ban multitabling.

In case you missed it the first time....

I HATE MULTITABLERS..!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have mentioned it before, but I will say it again.

I HATE MULTITABLERS..!!!!!

I don't care if you are winning or losing. But I am always having to WAIT on you jerks to finish some hand or other to come on to my table and FOLD after taking 29 1/2 of the allotted 30 seconds.

And, you probably help thin the fish population (that's me sometimes) faster than otherwise. But that is secondary.

I play 6 max tables just because they generally move faster. I would really rather play full ring games, but they move SO SLOW BECAUSE OF ALL THE FREAKING MULTITABLERS.

I truly wish they would ban multitabling.

In case you missed it the first time....

I HATE MULTITABLERS..!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more people playing single tables who slow down the action than there are multitablers who slow down the action.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:53 PM

i 4-table on a laptop with all the tables overlapping each other, and i do fine. i'm always bouncing around and i'm never lost, or taking the full amount of time to act. i also surf the web and watch tv at the same time.