Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 07:16 AM

Default zerorake offer

I've never posted anything positive on zerorake before. This site looks like it has an interesting deal for prospective zerorake players.

I have no idea what this whirlpool payout thingy is. Anybody know if it's some kind of multilevel SnG or something?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:38 AM

Default Re: zerorake offer

Holy crap! They came up with a pyramid scheme! I bet pyramid poker is gonna sue thier asses now.

Hmmm...the size of the grand prize looks similar to another sum I saw somewhere on the internet forum ($440,00).
Old 07-20-2004, 07:39 AM

(from the site:

"Copyright © 2002 poker8.com
All Rights Reserved"

i see a regular ZR player called POKER8com won tourney 1082 last night)

this scheme seems to be a twist on the illegal pyramid selling scam (see here for relevant info)

i hope it is only POKER8com trying to take advantage of the ZR site without ZR's knowledge, but this may be another one to add to the growing list of reasons to be wary of ZR
Old 07-20-2004, 08:23 AM

Also offering 20% extra if you display their banner on your website.

Its a bit strange ovbiously they are gettin gsome sort of affiliate kickback but why dont zerorake just cough up and do a bonus upfront or a couple of months free on signup.

Just for anyone thinking this pyramid is good the first person to sign up will get the $450k when 100,000 people sign up through there if you are the 10th person to sign up need 1,000,0000 of you are the hundredth well forget it.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:02 PM

I got a zerorake CD in with my Card Player today. It had a bonus code on it, but didn't say what the bonus was. I threw the disk out but kept the nice little plastic sleeve it came in.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:29 AM

For those who want to know, I checked with ZR and they say the site in question is not there's but rather an affiliates.

[ QUOTE ]
i hope it is only POKER8com trying to take advantage of the ZR site without ZR's knowledge, but this may be another one to add to the growing list of reasons to be wary of ZR

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I bite, what is this list?

Instyle007
Old 07-21-2004, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but kept the nice little plastic sleeve it came in.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...I did the same thing, it's a very nice sleeve (the disk is currently keeping my diet pepsi from leaving rings on my desk).

J
Old 07-21-2004, 06:55 AM

i checked with them too - this is their exact reply:

"Thanks for the heads up. The website is owned and operated by an affiliate and not ZeroRake.com
Regards, ***"

this indifference shown to one of their affiliates promoting their name by using an illegal pyramid scheme is amazing, imo

to me, it shows that they couldn't care less what an affiliate does in their name - maybe they won't even care if their affiliates start spamming forums? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

if you look back through this forum for the past couple of weeks you'll be able to see why a new site which on paper would seem to have an excellent chance of success has ended up with about four regular players

as you have been in communication with them, why not try to give them some suggestions as to how they could improve their marketing?

if we could all somehow help quickly get them up to 1000 regular players they would still have a reasonable chance - but as the days go by, it's starting to look more and more likely that they'll go down without trace
Old 07-21-2004, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if we could all somehow help quickly get them up to 1000 regular players they would still have a reasonable chance - but as the days go by, it's starting to look more and more likely that they'll go down without trace

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new to online poker to make such an amusing remark. I've been joining or watching most every new site in the last year. None of them have enjoyed such meteoric rises in player base as you suggest (1000). In fact, I ask you to name one new site that attracted 1000 regular players within a few months. You can't. Because it never happens.

For instance, observe the next great white hope Full Tilt Poker. Notice the pre money launch hype this site had received. Notice that after money luanch, real money players never appeared in great numbers. In fact, it's dismal.

Even new sites that offer above and beyond bonuses and promotions don't attract more than 50-60 regular players after as much as two months. Then notice when the promotions begin to scale back, even these few regulars will leave.

Why? It's obvious to me. I'm sure it is to you also.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 AM

every single new site, except this one, has just been another one trying to jump on the bandwagon - as a player, there has been no real reason to go beyond the established sites, as you were gaining nothing by so doing

there have been no revolutionary changes, unless you count the fact that you can make your avatar change faces on fulltilt, in any one of them

zerorake is a totally different kettle of fish - paying a time-charge for your seat, as against rake per hand, is a revolutionary concept for internet poker, and one that if it was taken up by one of the established sites could immediately put hundreds of dollars in your pocket

as far as i can see, the only people who wouldn't want this concept to succeed are the other site-owners and the affiliates of the other sites - every other person in the world who plays more than a few hours of internet poker per week would come out of the game on the plus side of their current situation