Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: big pot, double belly, cold call

I'm not sure what the question on the turn is. You can't fold and based on the action your overcards are not good. So you do not have an equity edge here (even if you did I would probably still call unless you had a monster draw).

Let's estimate that you have 8/46 cards that give you the win. So you have <25% equity in this spot and you're putting in 25% of the bets.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:00 PM

Could someone clear this up for me? In another post I was told that to find your pot equity on the flop you multipy the number of outs by 4 to get a rough number. Here you have 8 outs so 8 X 4 is 32%? Why does istewart say you have less than 25%?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM

That would be around your pot equity on the flop. I'm talking about on the turn though.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do we not have equity to raise with 9 outs on the turn? I guess you base that on the fact that SB may fold if you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was holding A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop, then I would 3-bet. But since our equity edge is thin on the flop (for reasons I previously stated), and we lose equity if a spade doesn't fall on the turn, and a 3-bet might push out the SB, I think I would only call the flop.

To the OP: as far as the turn goes, you have 8 outs or 17% equity. Since each bet you put in accounts for 25% of the pot, you don't have the equity edge to raise the turn.

Edited to add: you don't even have the equity to raise if there were five people in it, and I don't even think I'd do it with 6 players because there's no guarantee everybody would call the raise.