Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 03:49 AM

Default I hate that I\'m getting played back at like this:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

The CO is 'tight-aggressive', what do you think of his play? (I am the button)

Preflop: CO has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (17.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: I hate that I\'m getting played back at like this:

I don't like the flop bet. He wants customers for his drawing hand and you were very likely to raise behind.

I like his 3-bet though, as it is now clear that he will have callers and he has more than his fair share of equity against 2 or more opponents.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop bet. He wants customers for his drawing hand and you were very likely to raise behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should mention that this table was donkastic: making the field face 2 cold was no big deal because they always call anyway.

Maybe he was scared I wouldn't bet?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 AM

I think the turn would be a great opportunity for CO to check-raise for value once he sees that the whole field has called. He has 9 outs to the flush, 6 outs to the straight, and a possible 3 outs to top pair. Given CO's line of play (if he were to check-raise), button would be hard-pressed not to put CO on a very strong hand, so button would be less likely to 3-bet here.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:26 AM

You need to discount that a bit, I'd give him ~15 outs total. Probably a decent time to checkraise the turn if he has a read on you that you wouldn't overplay an overpair here. His flop bet stinks.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:18 AM

i like his flop play given table description [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] he's got a double-gutshot, nut BDFD, and folding any stronger Aces or 6s would be great- but if they don't, that's okay too.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 AM

I don't like his flop bet, but his 3-bet.

You had TT.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Im undecided on his flop bet,depends on his view of your image. I definately want bets going in on the flop and leading out isn't that bad if he's scared you will check behind.

I hate his turn play. Its good until he calls, if every there was a time to checkraise the turn with a draw this is it. He is 2.1-1 against but you have to believe your going to get 3-1 on however many bets go in on the turn (based on action to that point in hand and table read Bodhi provided)

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Edit: I still like the c/r raise on the turn, but upon further review I probably discount CO's outs a little more (than sharpie's 15 out estimate) making the c/r a closer decision.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im undecided on his flop bet,depends on his view of your image. I definately want bets going in on the flop and leading out isn't that bad if he's scared you will check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are 2 different scenarios for each decision, let's compare them.

Bet:
1. We get raised and possibly isolated. On average we might get 1 cold caller so we might not be losing even if we get raised, but there are better ways ending up with this hand.
2. We don't get raised and it goes multiway to the turn. This is the good scenario when betting.

Check:
1. Button checks through and we get to see the turn for free. Obviously a 0 EV scenario.
2. Button bets and we get to checkraise a large field. This is a very good scenario for us.

If we compare the 1st scenarios for betting and checking we com to the conclusion that both are close to 0 EV.

If we compare the 2nd scenarios we can see that the 2nd scenario for checking is better than the 2nd scenario for betting.

Now we need to estimate how often these scenarios will appear. If we check our hand Button (Bodhi) will check all of his possible hands except for the PP's he'll raise preflop (AA-99/88? I think I'll raise AA-88 but limp 77). However we can some to the conclusion that Bodhi will check far more hands than he will bet.

This make me believe that betting this flop is better than checking against Bodhi. Against an unknown player (even with tagish stats) I think betting is better because far too many pfr autobet this flop.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This make me believe that betting this flop is better than checking against Bodhi. Against an unknown player (even with tagish stats) I think betting is better because far too many pfr autobet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the PFR is going to autobet this flop then betting is wrong, we want to c/r the flop. You started to lose me a little when you started comparing the scenarios but you said:

[ QUOTE ]

2. Button bets and we get to checkraise a large field. This is a very good scenario for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

So against an autobet PFR checking to c/r is correct right?

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]