Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Tournament Situation

The following hand came up during a pokerstars 10+1$ tournament.

We are midway through the tournament. There were about 500 entries, 170 players remain. Blinds are 100/200, no ante, and my stack is sitting around 5000 (which is about average). I am dealt wired 8's in the 4th seat, the players under the gun who has lost 2 large pots during the last orbit and seems quite loose goes all in for his last 2500. 2 players fold, and the action is on me, the 5 players yet to act have stacks ranging from 3-6k, 3 of them have me covered.

What should my action be?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Tournament Situation

fold i believe.

there are still players left to act, can't discount that they are sitting on a hand.

you have a midpair. if he has 99 or above you're smoked. and more than likely you're a cointoss.

wait for an oppurtunity to be the raiser instead of putting half your stack at risk w/ people to act, or possibly pushing to shut them all out and gettin blasted.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:57 PM

I would fold, and I wouldn't consider it close. Would you welcome somebody behind you putting you all-in?

GG
Old 03-29-2005, 07:08 PM

I feel your pain. All you want in the world is to have a hand when this guy pushes, and you just almost do, but you really don't. You have to fold. He might have A5 or something like that, but more likely he has two cards higher than 8, and he just might have 99. You're just better off waiting for something better here. The number of players remaining to act really puts it over the top. You gotta fold this one.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. This was my thinking after the hand, i really just wanted to confirm it by posting here. Anyway, in the actual hand I chose to push all in, unfortunately for me I got an overcall from TT and lost the hand. The orriginal raisor had A5 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]