Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Firepay compatibility and satisfaction?

Firepay seems to have some lower fees compared to Netpay. Is Firepay also compatible with all the major online poker sites? Are bank transfers to Firepay, transfers from Firepay to the poker sites, cashouts back to Firepay and cashouts back to bank accounts fairly rapid or does everything take DAYS with this online [censored]? Lastly, I'm just curious if those who've had experience with Firepay have been generally satisfied with it.

I still haven't figured out why moving funds to different online sites and back to your account almost instantaneously via the very common Visa bank debit cards for small per-use fees is not possible.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Firepay compatibility and satisfaction?

You can't cash out from Party to firepay. You can deposit but not cash out.

They are quick. The fees are lower. The customer service imho sucks.

I'm generally satisfied with it but don't give it a rousing endorsement.

And you can't move funds with check cards because the justice department told the banks and credit card companies it violated the wire act and the banks and credit card companies had no interest in challenging that assertion.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And from what (admittedly little) I've read about the online poker rooms, Party seems to be the "must play" site when looking for a lot of loose, fishy opponents. Is that the general consensus?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And from what (admittedly little) I've read about the online poker rooms, Party seems to be the "must play" site when looking for a lot of loose, fishy opponents. Is that the general consensus?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, but there are plenty of people who don't play there and I think the consensus is just slow to change.

Party has drawbacks, their software sucks, their customer service is horrendous and so forth. PokerStars is fully firepayable and has as many players as Party and really, they can't all be good, right?

I think there's an option to cash out by check on Party and I'm pretty sure there's a way to link it directly to your bank account so if you wanted to do firepay for other sites and play at party too you can make it work.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Firepay recently instituted a 10 dollar charge for withdrawals to the bank for most of their customers. This charge makes it much less competitive than Neteller, except in the state of Maryland