Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:38 AM

Default 2-5 live NL, KK, ace on flop OOP

Guy has 700, i have him covered. 2-5 NL. i have been raising a lot and very aggressive. i've raised say 3/5 past hands. he likes to checkraise a lot and bets when he thinks no one else wants the pot. when he bets, he always bets big, usually the size of the pot. he has been running very hot. i have only played one hand with him:

someone limps in co, i raise to 20 on button with KTh, villain calls in BB, limper calls. flop Qh xd xd. everyone checks. turn Jh. he bets out 50, limper folds, i raise to 150 and he folds.

6 handed, i make it 20 UTG with black KK. he raises to 70 on the button. i have never seen him reraise PF in the 2 hours or so we've been playing. i raise to 220. he calls.

flop comes Ad 3d 3x what do you do?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 2-5 live NL, KK, ace on flop OOP

Cry.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:01 AM

Thanks... Well, what I did was bet 200, PLANNING on folding to a raise. He complied by raising all-in for 300 more.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:04 AM

check. he's not calling with QQ and he's not folding AK. so check. if he pushes, then cry.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks... Well, what I did was bet 200, PLANNING on folding to a raise. He complied by raising all-in for 300 more.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think bet-fold here is worse than check-fold.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:09 AM

I dunno. These are live retards. I can see him having a PP that he would push with if I checked. Maybe check-call... I dunno. I suck at NL. I give up.

I called anyway.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 AM

The question here is one of check/call vs check/fold. Betting is no goot.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:03 AM

Given the action pre-flop, what hands are you beating once he pushes? QQ is about it, and you chop with KK.

Check/folding the flop is not a horrendous play here since a lot of players at these limits will assume you're slow-playing AAA... if he still bets, he definitely has a hand he's willing to go broke with and you can fold with clear consience.
my 2c.

Kirk
Old 10-18-2005, 05:10 AM

I think you guys are underestimating the horrible play of some of these live players. I don't think I made it clear in my original post. I'm pretty sure he'll call with any PP here. His range PF is ace heavy, a lot of Ax, but probably also has a lot of PPs and maybe something like KQs or QJs.

Assuming he's decent though, check/fold is probably the right play?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys are underestimating the horrible play of some of these live players. I don't think I made it clear in my original post. I'm pretty sure he'll call with any PP here. His range PF is ace heavy, a lot of Ax, but probably also has a lot of PPs and maybe something like KQs or QJs.

Assuming he's decent though, check/fold is probably the right play?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not underestimating how bad some live players are, i play a lot live and i know they're very bad. my point is that you should check because: he's never folding a better hand; he probably won't call with a worse hand; however, he may bet with a worse hand if checked to. whether you check-fold or check-call will be read-dependent a lot of the times. a great thing about playing live is that you have a lot more to pick up on that go into your read, and you can decide accordingly.

as for check-folding if he's "decent," that depends on your definition of decent. the tougher the player the more likely you should call. with a more straightforward player you should more likely fold.