Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 11:01 PM

Default 15/30 KK

Party 15/30 10 handed.

Two EP limpers to me I raise KK in the CO, the SB and BB call. Five to the flop.

Flop: (10 sb) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to EP2 who bets, I raise, all fold to EP1 who 3-bets, EP2 calls, I cap, EP1 calls and EP2 calls.

Turn: (11 bb) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP1 bets, EP2 calls, I
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: 15/30 KK

I don't think you are ahead here and you don't have the odds to spike a king. Without any reads, I fold.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:28 PM

fold homie.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 PM

i have a feeling you were behind on the flop and you are definitely behind now.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:21 AM

A check/3-bet combined with a bet when the A falls on the turn screams that I can beat one pair so I would fold without a strong read that MP1 is a LAG.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:37 AM

I mostly posted this for the comfort in knowing I made the right play.

I was torn on the turn; I thought about folding, calling and raising for a free showdown. I folded. EP1 showed down Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and E2 showed down JJ.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 09:28 AM

I suppose a fold is good with no reads...but itd be tough for me to lay it down here, knowing what I know of the 15/30.

I suppose EP1 could have a set but my first thought was overplayed top board pair, maybe two pair seems more likely...but mixed w/ his turn bet...oui. Tough w/o a read and I suppose a fold is good here for the most part.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly posted this for the comfort in knowing I made the right play.

I was torn on the turn; I thought about folding, calling and raising for a free showdown. I folded. EP1 showed down Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and E2 showed down JJ.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding the turn is definitely the right play with no reads, I also think you should not of capped the flop, as a check 3 bet on this board usually spells doom. The minute i read that the guy checked 3 bet the flop I put him on a set, as I dont think most players would do this with J9 or 97 against 2 opponents out of position. If there was a flush draw on the flop, then I think you should call down since it may be possible that the villain has a 12 outer or more, flush draw + straight draw or flush draw and a pair type hand.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Folding the turn is definitely the right play with no reads, I also think you should not of capped the flop, as a check 3 bet on this board usually spells doom. The minute i read that the guy checked 3 bet the flop I put him on a set, as I dont think most players would do this with J9 or 97 against 2 opponents out of position. If there was a flush draw on the flop, then I think you should call down since it may be possible that the villain has a 12 outer or more, flush draw + straight draw or flush draw and a pair type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you didn't cap the flop, what would your plan on the turn be?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you didn't cap the flop, what would your plan on the turn be?

[/ QUOTE ]
My plan would be to fold the turn unimproved. Are you suggesting that capping the flop and folding the turn is better than just calling the 3 bet and folding the turn?