Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Playing on-line poker underage (17)

Im 17, started playing poker at 15, am up $2000, and just got an email saying i must provide correct details (address etc.) after they did a random security check.

I have just made a withdrawal, will I get that (can they legally keep my money from me - im 17).

Flame me if you like [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

*edit* of course i am actually 18 for this forum....
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

First... [ QUOTE ]
Im 17, started playing poker at 15,

[/ QUOTE ] ...I have no problem with that if you can control it.
Second...
[ QUOTE ]
I have just made a withdrawal, will I get that (can they legally keep my money from me - im 17).

[/ QUOTE ]
...They can do what they want! No regards what so ever. And if you break their rules they can do whatEVER they want - keeping your money is a possibility!
Hope you get your money anyway.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM

ok, i realise that they can do whatever they want. But what is the probability of them allowing my withdrawal to go through? Its prima btw.

thanks for the help!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 PM

BTW - they did not expicitly state that I was underage, they simply said that my details did not match my credit card details!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:22 PM

I don't think playing online poker under age in the UK is illegal per se, just against TOS - the purpose of the laws against under age gambling is to protect the under-age person so it's most unlikely that the minor is himself committing a criminal offence.
Those under-age folks who occasionally 'win' the National Lottery don't get paid out, but they aren't arrested either...

Providing a fake ID to an offshore poker company isn't a great idea but off the top of my head the only applicable offence I can think of is obtaining monies by deception and as they are 'your' monies anyway I'm not so sure that anyone is going to care very much..the company is only asking for proof of ID to comply with money luandering regs not because they are hyper-vigilant about under age players
Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, i realise that they can do whatever they want. But what is the probability of them allowing my withdrawal to go through? Its prima btw.

thanks for the help!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so screwed dude.

Prima steals money from people who don't break any rules.

Imagine what they will do with someone who has broken the rules.

Who knows maybe they will pay you..
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 PM

if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker
Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that. I have more money sense that most 18yr olds, I am intellegent (AAA A-levels). Back up your arguments please.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:22 PM

The short answer is there is no way to force these sites to do anything. They are outside the jurisdictions of most countries and it would cost far more than $2000 to force them to pay out. If you used financial information from a legitimate person, you'll want to get them involved quickly.

[edit] I know some sites are licensed, certified, (or something like that) within the EU but I have no idea about UK laws so I'll have to take a pass from here.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that. I have more money sense that most 18yr olds, I am intellegent (AAA A-levels). Back up your arguments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a little kid because you broke the rules for several years and are now looking for ways out of taking responsibility for your actions. Possibly making a bad situation worse by thinking of mocking up some fake id to get your money. I'm not in the UK so I don't know how bad that is but it probably isn't good.

You are a little kid because you are trying to equate what in the states would be high school grades to anything beyond high school.

You are a little kid because you are in high school (or whatever it's called over there) and think you know more than you do. Not that big a deal really because everyone in your shoes thinks the same thing.