Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Rate my MTT stats - too conservative/or solid play?

For those who do not know me I am primarily a 10/20 HE player. I've only played in a handful of tournaments but pretty much can adapt to the survival mode involved with them. Are these numbers (though limited) up to par with your standards of successful tournament play?

You finished in 13th place.

163 hands played and saw flop:
- 6 times out of 20 while in small blind (30%)
- 8 times out of 19 while in big blind (42%)
- 28 times out of 124 in other positions (22%)
- a total of 42 times out of 163 (25%)

Pots won at showdown - 7 out of 10 (70%)
Pots won without showdown - 11

Any feedback is welcomed. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Rate my MTT stats - too conservative/or solid play?

Man we don't know your cards. Sometimes in poker your cards/conditions will dictate tight play. Sometimes they will dictate active player. I can tell absolutely nothing from these numbers you provided.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can tell absolutely nothing from these numbers you provided.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:08 PM

Yes.. that is why I referred to the statistics as 'limited'.. it is all that is provided by the online cardroom.

I realize activity during tournaments is governed by your cards in certain instances.. I just meant from a theoretical standpoint cards good/or/bad.. what has been your showdown rate/ % of seeing flops... not so much what cards you pushed them with.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:15 PM

Pots won at showdown is way to high you need to value bet the river more. Also you're clearly folding winning hands on the flop and you need to be more aggressive on the turn. My left nut itches. You also need to bluff the river more and get some new jeans. dont checkraise with the nuts and stop using blocking bets on the river they serve no purpose. you need to isolate weak players preflop and raise more on the button against tight players in the blinds.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:22 PM

Hey iom:

As mentioned, it is tough to look at numbers and tell much about tourney performance (I actually never check mine, though maybe I should?!?).

Here is a post from the STT forum that may help though. It goes into some thoughts about reviewing your tourney performance and has been helpful to me.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.. that is why I referred to the statistics as 'limited'.. it is all that is provided by the online cardroom.

I realize activity during tournaments is governed by your cards in certain instances.. I just meant from a theoretical standpoint cards good/or/bad.. what has been your showdown rate/ % of seeing flops... not so much what cards you pushed them with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry , but anyone who tries to give you advice based on these numbers is giving you bad information. Show some actual hands you played instead, in this way we can actually give advice. Just looking at some numbers from one event is meaningless.