Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Dealing with Extreme LAG Player

I'm still getting my feet wet playing no-limit, having recently converted from limit. Yesterday I ran into a table with a texture I hadn't experienced before. I sat down at a table and after 67 hands, this player had a VPIP of 85.07, PF raise % of 10.45, and was aggressive post-flop. He would limp and always call a raise preflop, than would usually always lead out no matter what...pretty much every hand. I would say he was the only one getting away with stealing at the table.

He was picking up lots of small pots and would win a big one every now. After it was all said and done, he was down the session but really appeared to alter the play of everyone at the table.

My normal play is semi-loose but I was a rock at this table. I like to try and steal pots but I felt like I couldn't do that at this table because this guy would call automatically and would be willing to take it to the river with almost anything. I don't think I attempted any steals because I saw what happened when others tried and got donked by crazy man.

Is it OK to concede and let the crazy guy pick up all these pots and avoid stealing at this type of table (literally had 0 steal attemps the session)? I just waited for decent hands and played them because this guy would call no matter what.

This may seem low content to a lot of you but I'm still new at this and it felt very different from what I've been used to so I just wanted to make sure that not stealing at all and just waiting for a good hand is correct with this type of table texture.