Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Don\'t know what to do here

CO is weak and a little tight

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB (t11010)
UTG (t4470)
Hero (t11385)
MP1 (t5440)
MP2 (t4295)
MP3 (t3245)
CO (t3970)
Button (t12365)
SB (t10255)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t250) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls t150, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (t550) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero: ?????
Old 11-06-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know what to do here

PF...meh i'd probally fold, in EP i hate these hands
Flop. I'd check/call. I'm not going anywhere but i doubt i can force people off a pair or a draw.
Turn- that card...is interesting...i'd really depend on my flop line.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:06 PM

If I was playing this hand, I'd bet 200-250 on that flop. You got a OESD and top pair right now, and conservatives most likely don't have anything here, maybe a flush draw. I'd rather try to bet enough to stop overcards from calling and seeing another card (some players still will anyways, but your bet isn't giving them good odds), and a big enough bet to discourage a flush draw from chasing.

The turn card is good and bad. It's good because you now made your straight, bad because it puts a flush on the board, and anyone with a heart now has a flush draw. I'd lead out to the tune of 400, and if he raises here, then give him credit for the flush (an overpair here would have likely raised preflop, or at least on the flop, but an overpair with a heart might still be around (any pair below 99, so that is a possibility, as well as a set). You got a deep stack, so its not going to hurt you to fire another bullet here, especially with your hand. Checking is the worst possible play here, because any flush is going to bet, and any non flush is going to bet, and you won't know which is which. Also, any flush draw might take the free card to see the river, which would be bad.

I'd bet 400 here, if he calls, bet again on the river, if he raises huge, throw it, if he raises but not too big, call it since you might still have the best hand here. If he calls, throw a blocking/value bet on that river, bout the same as the turn bet (400-500).
Old 11-06-2005, 04:23 PM

Crappy situation because if he made the flush or the straight he probably plays about the same, but if he didn't make a flush or a straight, he's behind and likely to be drawing live. I think you should lead and call a small raise, fold to a big one.

Bet more on the flop because there are a lot of scare cards in the deck.