Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Ok spot to laydown, or is pot too big?

Villian here is 16/8 with only 30 went to SD over tons of observed hands, but does have pretty high aggr factor on all streets. How many TAGs will make that CR on the turn with anything I can beat? Or is it 2 pair often enough that I have odds to at least call here?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Ok spot to laydown, or is pot too big?

BB's superman move on the turn after raising the flop initially makes it pretty clear he flopped a straight or a set. I think the laydown is fine.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2005, 07:00 PM

id play the same on all streets... easy turn fold.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB's superman move on the turn after raising the flop initially makes it pretty clear he flopped a straight or a set. I think the laydown is fine.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thats pretty much what went through my head, as his line was pretty strong the way the hand was played. I was like 99% sure i was beat there, but then a few minutes afterwards, I started wondering if the 2 pair hands would play like that, and depending on how often they would, if it'd weight enough to give me odds to try and outdraw.