Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Do Republicans Really Believe These Things

Holy cow is this possible:
1-agree
2-agree
3-agree, but I'm guess our definitions of "some" are slightly different
4-agree, although I would be curious as to how much of Bush43's succes was do to his political background. Also it would be interesting to get him in an IQ test or two.
5-agree, technically
6-agree, 100%
Old 04-01-2005, 06:49 PM

The subject of your post probably does but the majority of news savvy educated Republicans don't. Republican propaganda more often seems facially implausible or just dumb because the Republicans who see through it don't mind. These are the people who are more likely to be educated, fairly successful and skeptical about liberal democracy. They presume that a certain amount of medicine show pizzaz is necessary to get their taxes cut.

The other big GOP constituency understands politics via television, or worse. They don't have much to go on except the party line an therefore have to take that pretty seriously. They can't imagine their leaders have to oversimplify things to the point of lying in order to be understood.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:15 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that Richar Tanner is just posing as a Bush-voter. Nobody votes for someone based on how good they are at getting votes.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also it would be interesting to get him in an IQ test or two.

[/ QUOTE ]
Answer
Old 04-01-2005, 09:26 PM

I am aginst gay marriage, for a variety of reasons. I dont claim to speak for the Republican majority. I think Bush did his duty, Felix summed that issue up nicely. As for other social issues, I am squarely against abortion.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Republicans vs Dems (Which are better at Politics?)

I'm not sure I would agree with you that the Repubs are better than the Dems at spinning or at 'politics'.
The each have their strong points.

To use a poker analogy the Dems are like a No-Limit Hold'em player that raises a lot and goes in a lot.
The Repubs are the No-Limit Hold'em player that plays super tight and fold to much. The Dems win a lot of small pots but every now and then they overplay their hand and the Repubs nail them.....

A good example would be the unprecidented filibustering of federal judges. Never in our country's 200+ year history has this been done. The repubs could have stop this months ago but they have been wimping out. The Dems have been out-ballsing the Repubs in this issue.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:54 AM

Yes, I truly believe most Republicans believe Bush did his duty, and Kerry is a traitor. Every study done on the subject has shown Bush supporters to have more misperceptions than Kerry voters.

Obviously these "studies" are nonsense.

The only one I ever saw was one that asked two vaguely worded questions about Iraq and Al Qaeda. Do you have others?

I'd love to see the one where Kerry supporters are asked a bunch of basic questions about economics....

natedogg
Old 04-02-2005, 04:01 AM

Nope real Bush voter, as I explained above.

Cody
Old 04-02-2005, 12:58 PM

Did you know that democrats are far more likely then the general population to believe inflation went up under Reagen rather then down. Look up that survey.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:53 PM

I.Q., aptitude and SAT scores of sitting presidents are pretty well guarded. Do you know how the New Yorker got this info?

By the way, 1200+ before 1996 is very good, but unless you showed me a video of Bush actually taking the test, I'm skeptical. I've seen some "dumb as a box of rocks" folks with connections score high, because on test day they looked quite different from how I remembered them in class [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Frank