Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2003, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Spy software (I am a bit scared)

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of a more recent instance of actually predicting or reading holde cards since the very early days when Planet made good on that problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your little banner says "Do you know online poker? We Do!" I think this question shows that you don't know nearly as much as you claim about online poker. I'd say all you know is spamming, gibberish, and self promotion.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:09 PM

Spy Software most commonly referred to as SpyWare is simply a little program that is installed on your computer. There are many different types of SpyWare. Most will simply track where you go and what you do then submit that to someone. Other software will look for keywords like "Poker" and pop-up ads.

Some poker sites not to mention any in-particular install SpyWare on your computer. This is so when you play on other sites or browse the web where the word poker appears they can pop-up ads for their cardroom.

I have tried most of the SpyWare programs out there and found the best one (100% Free) is called SpyBot (Search & Destroy), found at http://www.safer-networking.org/

I have no relationship with this company I am simply providing a useful resource for you all to use.

Their software will remove most spyware other programs wont. I ran AdWare then ran SpyBot and SpyBot picked up about 25 items that had been left behind. It also has an auto-blocker that constantly runs and block SpyWare from being installed on your PC. Even www.msn.com trys to install SpyWare when you visit their site.

Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2003, 03:03 AM

i also use spybot to clean up the spywares... i believe i got it from downloads.com...
Old 11-23-2003, 04:30 AM

I bought Pest Patrol and am very happy with it. Read up on it first though because I crashed my computer trying the old fashion way: Instructions, I don't need no stinkin' instructions lol. But overall I download a lot of shareware to try it out because I am cheap and it has really helped.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:30 PM

If you go to www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ it will run a script on your computer which detects unsolicited commercial software on your computer. Of course it won't necessarily detect everything but I think it's pretty good.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:21 PM

If you have a decent firewall and ante virus software, which you should, then you should have nothing to worry about.

Pop ups are a bit like junk mail, and don’t mean anyone has hacked onto your system, but they might claim that to frighten you into buying software from them. You can switch off the pop ups, your firewall should do this for you, otherwise I believe you go to Control Panel/Administrative tools/Services and switch off Messenger or something like that. Might stop you receiving pop ups from people you want to receive them from, can not say I have ever received one though.