Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: is there where i lose a lot of $$?

[ QUOTE ]
This is 3 handed. Fwiw, 3 betting pf and leading flop will induce more laydowns the pf call/cr flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious... what do you base this on? does this assume a certain type of player as villain?

i seem to get called down quite a bit if villain has any part of the low board.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is 3 handed. Fwiw, 3 betting pf and leading flop will induce more laydowns the pf call/cr flop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious... what do you base this on? does this assume a certain type of player as villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am obviously in the minority on this. but it seems to me that many players for psychological reasons will correctly call a flop check raise when they would have folded to a flop bet if it was preceded by a preflop 3 bet. But again, I'm in the minority, but until I see the error of my ways or it's explained to me, I guess I'll just have to keep making this mistake.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I am obviously in the minority on this. but it seems to me that many players for psychological reasons will correctly call a flop check raise when they would have folded to a flop bet if it was preceded by a preflop 3 bet. But again, I'm in the minority, but until I see the error of my ways or it's explained to me, I guess I'll just have to keep making this mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what levels are you referring to? so far i have only played up to 2/4... maybe that's the difference.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 AM

I don't like the pre flop three bet much either. The problem with playing the hand like this is you get yourslef into a reverse implied odds situation. If you hit the ace, he folds, or sometimes has you outkicked. You miss, and find youself with the dilemma of how many bullets to fire into a raggy board that he may well have a piece of. Someimtes you will get him to lay down medium pocket pairs when paint flops, but often you find yourself out of position and not knowling where you are. So I much prefer the flat call for two reasons. I) When the ace flops you might get some action when he tries to represent it. 2) You can check raise ragged boards and leave the button with the awkward decision.