Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: The response to everyone that hates me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you two are gonna play 5/10 HU $250 freezeout you should both transfer $250 to a trusted third party, and then play .02/.04 HU $1 freezeout on Stars. You will save a tonne in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a super good idea to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, you must really be runniong bad to go out of your way to play this idiot for $200! WTF?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Does he have a pocket pair often enough here?

i didnt read this whole thread, but i will say that i thought drontier (or whoevder) was advocating a fold. i think folding is pretty obvious here... i guess i am terrible and should consider moving back down to 50/100 or something.
also i want to play some1 HU grudge match style and whatever price NLsoldier is laying, i will beat it...
Old 10-19-2005, 09:29 AM

you need to not make massive assumptions about players on the basis of one hand- everyone has weak points in thier game, as i am sure you do as well. The OP is uncomfortable OOP with a pocket pair with an overcard on the board- its a totally valid situation to be unsure about the correct play both from an EV standpoint and from a metagame one.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt read this whole thread, but i will say that i thought drontier (or whoevder) was advocating a fold. i think folding is pretty obvious here... i guess i am terrible and should consider moving back down to 50/100 or something.
also i want to play some1 HU grudge match style and whatever price NLsoldier is laying, i will beat it...

[/ QUOTE ]
No flawless, ironically, those players were actually advocating a call . That's why people shouldn't make statements about how bad a player is in situations that are close. I assumed the same thing as you (that they were saying it's an easy fold), but it turned out to be the exact opposite. To them it was an easy call. Go figure.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 AM

This is a fold in my book- looking at the hand the BB could easily have a 2- here's my reasoning for him raising a 2.

SB raised two limpers- likely means a big hand like AK, AQ, KQ, KJ, AA-99, - stuff like that- a lot of these unimproved hands hes going to want to take to showdown - AQ- QQ-99, but might be able to find a fold if i raise the turn- and hte rest- big kings and AA- he will three bet and then i can call and pop the turn.
As for the other two- who the hell knows what limpers have- you can eaisly pick up extra bets from PP's that they will call two on the flop with and hten clal one more on the turn and river- but fold for two on the turn.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:04 AM

i usually fold this... and here i was considering moving up in limits.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an excellent example of a type of situation I don't think too deeply about, but should. Thanks for posting it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: The response to everyone that hates me.

Ok just so you know, i was EXTREMELY drunk when i made that post. I really don't care about playing you HU, it wouldnt prove anything for either of us anyway. Anyway, this is was sober Gabe has to say.

I have played a decent amount of hands the with the OP, and i know him to be a very solid player. I appreciate that you respect my posts, but i am sure i could find hands/scenarios where you will think "WTF is this guy doing?" Anyway, while this issue seemed black and white to you, it didn't to the OP. But in terms of actual analysis here, if the BB is not 3 betting 77-QQ here preflop, he's probable not raising the flop too often with them. There is actually quite a narrow hand range we are ahead of IMHO.

Don't be afraid to contradict me or any other poster here, whether you respect them or not. Next time, just don't make silly assumptions and try to be more respectful to people are putting forth interesting situations.

Gabe

Also just btw, i think the comparison between myself and NLsoldier is silly. I know dave personally so he's going to get wrapped up about this kind of thing, but surely you can see its not neccesary to put someone down while you are posting about people being unfair to you.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM

i think you need to call down as 99-66 and even 44/55 are possible here.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:38 AM

I guess it's not such a simple hand. I think most are advocating a call but those advocating folding are:

flawless_victory
wheels
Our House
Cartman
ggbman (maybe) "narrow range of hands you are ahead of"

Couldn't tell where NLSoldier stands but maybe my reading comprehension sucks. Sorry if I missed anyone or misrepresented anyone's advice.

I think call but my big leak is not getting to showdown enough so this hand seems like a spot where I can work on fixing that leak.