Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 07:37 PM

Default AmericasCardroom

Please note that unfortunately AmericasCardroom was down all afternoon. This is a server related issue and was caused by a major disturbance to the CostaRica service and I believe the whole of Central America (thus some other sites were also effected).

We are in the process of re-locating our servers to a far more stable environment and apologize greatly for the inconvenience and worry this has and is causing our players.

In quick reference to the bill that was passed yesterday, whilst this is of course not great news it is by no imagination causing us major concern. Direct bank transfers be it by CreditCards or EFTPOS (PayPal) have over the last few months greatly slowed down at all gaming sites and as such there are presently a huge number of alternative account funding methods and we are and will always be working on others to allow our players to continue enjoying the game.

At present you can send WesternUnion payments to ACR with all fees being credited back to your playing account so this really is a great time to try out WesternUnion if you have never done so before.

Kind regards,

Torstyn Cole
Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM

Default Too much trouble

If I want to play, I need to go down to Western Union? That's too much trouble. You guys need to invent a better way for easier depositing.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Too much trouble

Um, you can actually do it online.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:54 PM

Um, you can actually do it online.

which effectively runs the juice of the transaction up to about 16%. most banks/credit cards treat this as a cash advance.

i suspect the original poster may have been talking about using cash.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:42 AM

They have more deposit options than any other site online. They have 9 different way to deposit funds. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I also believe they are the only site that will pay for western union transfers. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2002, 04:43 PM

I also believe they are the only site that will pay for western union transfers.

they will pay for the western union fee justice, but there is still a cash advance fee if you use a creditcard with western union.

if ACR ever covers this fee as well, then they will have an excellent value in a deposit option that is unique to them.

However, other than the 900#, i see no more options available there than every other site, and at this point i do not want my phone company having a record of my gaming transactions. the paper trail is long enough already. until i see what happens with the impending legislation, i ain't dialing no 900# for chips.