Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Big blind 10/20 Party

[ QUOTE ]
the call on the end is bad. real bad. you are usualyl losing to a set or a straight in this unraised pot and therefore have 9 outs and are not getting odds to call. if you're lucky he has top and bottom and you have 11 outs, but that's unlikely. the best scenario is he has overcards and a flush draw, which you're coinflipping with. i don't like the flop raise because it's exactly what we've been talking about here where its that awkward situation OOP where if he calls and turn blanks you're stuck... so um i would lead out and plan to go all in if you get raised, but the way you played it you definitely have to fold to his all in since best case you have 9 clean outs but he could very well have a set leaving you even fewer outs when you count redraws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its late and I am tired but isnt he getting just over 2 to 1 odds to call which is what he needs if he thinks he has 9 outs, granted I wouldnt have called because I like better spots than exactly even ev but if you throw in the fact that occasionaly he may have 11 outs might make it worth it anyway.