Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 PM

Default PT: SC\'s

After 885 suited connectors I'm averaging 0.31PTBB/hand. Is this as pathetic as it looks for full ring 50-100NL?

thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Re: PT: SC\'s

you're probably calling too many raises with them and/or open limping them in spots where they should be raised or folded.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Thanks. I've looked through a bunch of the hh's for mid sc's and find I'm very often not even obeying my own preflop rules.

Does this sound way too tight or too loose...

Only play mid sc's from co or button for a limp if 3 limpers ahead of you.

I never raise these hands pre. Too ABC?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 AM

Good thread. How did you exclude it to only SC's in PT? I have been playing them a lot more lately, perhaps 40% of the time I get them, depending on position and betting. I like to raise them from CO and Button because I think I'm over confident in my game and think I'm good, but I actually have no idea if I'm profiting from that.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:30 AM

PT/General info screen/known starting hands section/filters/left hand side
Old 11-02-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're probably calling too many raises with them and/or open limping them in spots where they should be raised or folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually really like to call raises when i'm in late position with a mid SC. I put them in a similar category as mid-low pocket pairs as far as implied odds go (and thus call or fold with them depending how deep the stacks are)

Against most opponents, they'll never see them coming. If you hit 2 pair or flop a straight on a board like 458r, you may well get an overpair in for all his chips. Not to mention the wide variety of possible draws, which often come on a board that misses the preflop raiser, so you'll get to draw them for cheaper.

I agree that in late position, they should not be limped in an unopened pot. That is a bad show of weakness. Either raise or fold, neither of these is a bad play.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually really like to call raises when i'm in late position with a mid SC. I put them in a similar category as mid-low pocket pairs as far as implied odds go (and thus call or fold with them depending how deep the stacks are)

[/ QUOTE ]

they really arent anywhere near the class of pocketpairs for 100bbs, but I was mainly referencing hes probably playing them OOP, which sucks. Obv they're somewhat playable with a raise in position.

[ QUOTE ]

Against most opponents, they'll never see them coming. If you hit 2 pair or flop a straight on a board like 458r, you may well get an overpair in for all his chips. Not to mention the wide variety of possible draws, which often come on a board that misses the preflop raiser, so you'll get to draw them for cheaper.

I agree that in late position, they should not be limped in an unopened pot. That is a bad show of weakness. Either raise or fold, neither of these is a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Question: Do you ever call a raise from late position vs more than one opponent, like, EP standard raise, MP calls, you in LP call w 67s?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. Question: Do you ever call a raise from late position vs more than one opponent, like, EP standard raise, MP calls, you in LP call w 67s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. You're getting even better pot odds on the preflop call, which is always good. Against more than one opponent post-flop, you should be more aware of the possibility that you might be drawing to the same flush as somebody else, or if you hit your straight somebody else might hit a higher one.

But definitely still call, with a drawing hand like a SC, it doesnt hurt to have more people in the pot (chances are, you'll get better odds later in the hand if you're drawing). And of course, you still want to have position on as many opponents as you can if there are more than one.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 AM

You need to play SC and Gapped suited Broadway cards from LP for the most part. KQs is the 'worst' suited hand I'll play from EP.