Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Default live KK hand

5/10 at the Taj, MP3 seems like a TAG, SB is russian lady sees pretty much every flop, fairly active but haven't seen anything out of line from her.

PREFLOP: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP3 Raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls, SB calls.

FLOP: (9 SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, SB calls.

TURN: (6 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls

RIVER: (9 BB) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, Hero folds(?)
Old 10-25-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: live KK hand

You need to fix the hand up - SB folds the flop and reappears on the turn and river...?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM

Pretty bad fold in my opinion. While the straight is more probable, I think it's highly possible SB spiked a pair of J's here. I think you'll definitely see a pair enough times to justify calling.

I don't think we need to worry too much about MP as we would of heard from a Q or set earlier (same goes for JJ). Though AT, KT & JT are all unlikely possibilities if he widens his range when opening.

Overall, I think it's a pretty easy call, with the intention of folding to an MP raise. With a solid read on SB as predictable and passive, I thinking folding is fine. Otherwise I'm calling here.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:09 PM

I call this expecting to lose but hoping to keep the more observant players from taking shots at me later.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 PM

I'd pay off what looks like a runner-runner straight. Folding in this spot just encourages people to take shots at you. Added to that there's a chance that you're good.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM

I don't think I could answer this question without actually being at that table. Having a proper feel for the villians makes all the difference here. Would either player slow-play a Q? Would the SB bet into this board with a J? If the SB slow-played the Q would she "panic" on the river and donk into us?

I think it's a pretty close decision. I would probably just call (and fold to a raise) to keep peace of mind for the rest of my session.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think we need to worry too much about MP

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he calling me down with?
Old 10-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Assigning MP a range based on that read is quite difficult in my opinion. His range depends primarily on his ability to widen up first in.

Though, I think he may take this sort of line with A-high + redraws, a pair of 9s (A9, J9s) and possibily even small pocket pairs.

I rarely see big hands slowplayed until the river in 3-way pots, and thus think it's unlikely he has us beat. Though, a full house may well take this sort of line.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:38 PM

In a live game I think there's plenty to be said for calling for peace of mind, avoiding having shots taken at you later, and so on. I've seen seemingly innocuous opponents bet random stuff on the river when a one-card straight hits the board.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could answer this question without actually being at that table. Having a proper feel for the villians makes all the difference here. Would either player slow-play a Q? Would the SB bet into this board with a J? If the SB slow-played the Q would she "panic" on the river and donk into us?
I think it's a pretty close decision. I would probably just call (and fold to a raise) to keep peace of mind for the rest of my session.

[/ QUOTE ]Perfect.