Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: 10/25 UB flush draw

[ QUOTE ]

I gotta say, screaming was not the REAL faceman's style. He was always cool and collected.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 points for getting the name reference, and general A-team knowledge.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:18 AM

Default What I did

I play this hand many different ways. Today, this is what I did.

I checked. PFR bet pot. Button folded. I checkraised all-in.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 AM

check raise sounds about right but what if you have a bet and a call coming back to you. the three-handed nature of the hand is a factor. do you still re-raise, or see i would just call there, lay low.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, nobody would just bet all their money. think its better to try to get another 900 or so from somebody in hopes that they will put that in and then fold for less than a pot sized raise. or just lock up that 300 now most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This definitely crossed my mind...Problem is, i'm not sure AK will get off there hand here. Won't villian put us on exactly what we have. So when we get called it's either AK (almost a toss up) or a set (we're a 2-1 dog)....Could this be the highest EV way to play this hand? Of course sometimes AK will fold which is a big bonus. I definitely like checkraising allin better than just trying to pick up the 300

[ QUOTE ]
about the event when you are against a smaller flush draw. wouldnt you want to maybe play it so you get to break him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly do we do this. Wouldn't leading the flop be a good avenue for this?

[ QUOTE ]
what about the guy who thought it was 2 to one here against ace king. is he in the wrong forum or just isnt thinking clearly. did the rest of you really know its about a toss up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that only 1 guy was unaware of the odds
Old 08-01-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If evil villain merely flat-calls my bet I'm going to scream "DIAMOND!" at the computer right before the turn card comes off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*I assume you mean 77

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I meant 99, a lot of 6maxers, cough yeti/fsu cough, advocate the leading into raisers idea with a pair, a draw, a set...so I was curious if a lot of people apply this to full ring as well.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:46 AM

If I think they are agressive then I checkraise.

Otherwise, I probably bet 1/3 to 1/2 pot, trying to make it look like I have middle pair or something and hoping someone else has a diamond draw too.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead out for about 150 try to build the pot. I think the goal here is to get the pot as high as possible. If someone plays back at you, the flush possibilty will compensate for your kicker issues. I like betting here as opposed to a check raise. Long run this will prove to be more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure about this? I don't like building the pot because the odds of drawing two cards are almost even, while the odds of drawing 1 (assuming a flat call and a brick turn) require about 3-1 with 12 outs. Somehow I don't think these villians will offer that on the Turn.

Here's the math.

Marlow
Old 08-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Check the flop. If PFR bets and button folds then it's unlikely anyone has another flush draw so check-raise all in and get good fold equity. If PFR bets and button calls then the chances of one of them having a flush draw go up so call and hope you hit to stack a worse flush. So checking the flop is good.

I think this is what Ray may have been getting at.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: What I did

[ QUOTE ]
I play this hand many different ways. Today, this is what I did.

I checked. PFR bet pot. Button folded. I checkraised all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No thoughts on the merits (or lack thereof) of this line? Would any of you play it that way? I'm not sure any of the responses suggested the line I decided to take.