Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 03:54 AM

Default TPWK, turn pairs board

Someone will say it anyway, but I know this was a pf fold. I was getting ready to call it a night and had been successfully bullying the table for a circuit or so and got silly. Pretend I had ATo or A8s if it makes you able to answer, it doesn't change my question.

Button is a fish I've played before. Villian just sat down.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, villian completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villian checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, villian calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villian bets</font>, Hero ???

Early in the evening, I'd probably fold easy. Now I'm on a bit of a rush and thinking about it. Villian is unknown, button would've called either draw, Ax, Kx or even 9x on the flop. Pot's small, only 5 outs (2 if someone has a K), head says this should be a fold. But I'll be steamed if someone shows down a busted draw to win with the kings.

Is this a leak? If so, is the leak folding or calling?

edit: Hell, it is late, just realized the 3 8's do me no good. So it's 2 outs to win, and 2 K's, 4 Q's, 4 J's 4 T's at best to chop if someone has better kicker. But the question stands, I'm still trying to decide if I have the best hand.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: TPWK, turn pairs board

Hmm, this is a hand I'd like some insight into. The bet by the villain seems strange. A lot of players will check-raise this, but I don't expect that to happen too much at this level. Having no reads, and the pot being so small, I'd probably go ahead and fold this. Fold preflop, btw.