Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: gosh i just love top pair, don\'t you?

Don't know what his calling tendencies are but do you think there might be any merit to just betting 500 again on the river maybe feigning that you still have a jack. This reeks like hell to some observant opponents but passives that wan't to call down sometimes fall in love for the better odds instead of having their stack wiped out. Gotta call if he pushes the other 600 or so.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:37 PM

As I said before, most of what you post seems unnecessarily tricky, fancy, and overthought. I put you in a bucket of opponents I call "Rounders players" who think all their opponents are always making "big moves" and "hero calls." These are generally my favorite opponents to trap and stack repeatedly as they try to "push me off hands," while escaping for the minimum with hands I want to show down as they try to "trap me like Chan v. Seidel."

In this hand, I especially hate the tiny raise against a guy who you have said is looking you up light. Like many of the hands you post, this line makes no sense to me.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

turn (260): 3

SB bets 175, MP calls, i make it 475. MP calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

rut-roh

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I thought. I'd be getting concerned that MP is letting me hang myself, and that I'm doing an excellent job.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Was this directed at anyone, master?

-Jason
Old 11-10-2005, 12:01 AM

I fail to see what a riverbet achieve, you will only get called by a hand that beats you.
I check and expect to drag a nice 1385 pot or to feel good about saving the rest of the stack if my opponent expected me to bet his hand for him one last time.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:13 AM

I think the main problem that I see with this hand is that you are not going to be able to blow MP off a hand with the stop and go strategy. SB sure, sounds like he's full of crap a lot of the time, but once you show weakness on the flop I imagine MP is going to make a stand with Jx or even a middle pocket pair. So the turn raise sucks.

And yet his take-a-stand hand is not going to be able to call your river bet. I'd like the river bet better if you'd MISSED.

As it is, you're bluffing with a hand that has showdown value.

That's really not a value bet for most people posting here; your image would have to be incredibly superLAG to be a value bet for you, because you're just not getting called by a weaker hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was this directed at anyone, master?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, fslexduck. I think you get more just basic out-of-line, which is a much easier leak to identify and fix.