Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: when it would be painfully obvious you have the nuts...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your turn or river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool. care to elaborate, oh revered one? or should i just take it for whatit is and next time the exact samesituation arises ill make sure to play it differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you check folding to a potish sized bet on a club/paired river? if so I think you need to pop the turn and find out how much he likes his hand.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:16 PM

when i check raise one bet it has not been getting respect. when someone bets and another guy raises (fwiw i think his range here is clubs or a stone cold bluff a huge amount of the time given the action to him... two checks around and a weak ass bet into this big pot) if i were to check raise here then it would get respect.

but this mostly has to do with this guy's range which really to me is a bluff too often to make a raise on the turn profitable.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your turn or river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool. care to elaborate, oh revered one? or should i just take it for whatit is and next time the exact samesituation arises ill make sure to play it differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you check folding to a potish sized bet on a club/paired river? if so I think you need to pop the turn and find out how much he likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the hell would i be worried about a paired river? i'm c/r all in on paired river and hoping he hit trips. a club river i was firing 2/3 and folding to all in.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edited to add: My general take on your play from your posts is that you go way overboard on trying to play all tricky and fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. i think these are generally just the hands i post because the other ones are so standard (i usually bet here on this turn and would thu snever post it) but thanks for the insight. i'll keep it in mind as it very well could be a leak.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:27 PM

Default hey dislexicduck err uh, sexyduck, fslexcduck?

why are you limping UTG w/ AQ?

why are you letting the river have a chance to get checked through?

I dont understand how you dont value bet this river....???

Tex
Old 11-07-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: hey dislexicduck err uh, sexyduck, fslexcduck?

[ QUOTE ]

I dont understand how you dont value bet this river....???

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't know if my hand was good or not...
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i check raise one bet it has not been getting respect. when someone bets and another guy raises (fwiw i think his range here is clubs or a stone cold bluff a huge amount of the time given the action to him... two checks around and a weak ass bet into this big pot) if i were to check raise here then it would get respect.

but this mostly has to do with this guy's range which really to me is a bluff too often to make a raise on the turn profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
but coldcalling a bet and a raise sets off alarm bells too. you said you think he's on clubs or a stone bluff a high percentage of the time here; if he's on a pure bluff, i don't think he's firing again anyway after your turn play (very rarely, at least), but if he's on clubs then you want to put money into the pot while he's drawing live. i also think you lose value against pocket deuces or Q9s, the kind of hands he could've limped with on the button after a couple other limpers.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:16 AM

can someone throw out some likely hand ranges for button here please? this is sort of the point i'm trying to get at.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone throw out some likely hand ranges for button here please? this is sort of the point i'm trying to get at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q9, JT, JJ (maybe, whats his pfr like), AQ, air, maybe something like 8c9c making a play, i dunno
Old 11-08-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one who's any good checks this flop with a made hand. That turn bet by the initial raiser is also superweak, so it could be any 2 here, but let's assume the J helps, so:

jacks up, QJ, JJJ, straight, any two, in about that order?