Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 12:56 PM

Default underfull 2/5 PL home game

my image is i am sort of crazy like i bluff a ton but people respect my play for the most part. villain is sort of unremarkable. he's one of the better players in the game but that is not saying much. sometimes people make weird bluffs against me because they want to take a pot from me but normally we play 1/2 and most people are playing a little more conservatively here.

effective stacks about 400... this is an unraised pot. i have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] t [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] t [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i bet 10, villain calls.

turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

since this is pot limit and people are passive, i check here intending to raise... they will call with a crappy ten but they will not raise if i bet, so a c/r on turn and pot on riv is best way to get the money in. anyway he checks behind. i'm unsure whether he actually has a T.

river: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

now i bet 25... he makes it 60... i think for a while about just calling but decide that it's leaving too much o n the table versus a weirdly played T or anything else, which you see a lot of here. i make it 160 and he sets me in for 200 more...

comments about play, and who calls in this spot usually?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: underfull 2/5 PL home game

"since this is pot limit and people are passive, i check here intending to raise"

If your opponent is passive, what makes you think he will bet here?
I would bet here maybe half the pot, hope that he has something and raises me here.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:32 PM

I like every street but the river. Call me weak but I'm just calling the raise, especially if the players are passive as you described. A wierdly played T is all we hope to see here.

I'd try really hard to find a fold on the river but I don't think I could do it.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:41 PM

I like the way you played it, and Im calling on the end.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:46 PM

I think the call on the end all depends on if you think he's bad enough to 4 bet with something like AT here. Very read dependant. I would probably fold here though. I think you need to bet the turn...