Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: sorry sir your tricks will not work on me

[ QUOTE ]
you feel differently if i have at least 1k in my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

The more you have, the less I dislike a check. Until you have way, way more, then I dislike a check again.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you feel differently if i have at least 1k in my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

The more you have, the less I dislike a check. Until you have way, way more, then I dislike a check again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha i agree, unless villain has some unusual river bluffing propensity.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:59 PM

I think that's probably a good line. Your only real concern is him checking behind with a legitimate hand like an overpair which he would've been willing to call a bet with. I think your line will generally cause him to believe an overpair is good and induce him to bet on the river, particularly if he's an aggressive player. So since you don't need to be too concerned he'll check behind with one of these hands, and since the only real function of leading out is so you don't lose value when he does check behind, trying for a check-raise is the best plan, I think. This way you essentially expect to win more from all his possible holdings (except 8-8, of course).
Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Who leads into a preflop raise and reraiser on this flop. What hands? Would you 3bet AA and KK preflop here. I would. That leaves 1010, and 88. I think your line reeks of strength and you never put the villain to a tough decision. I dont like it.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 PM

considering the read we are given on the villain, I think that Qx and Kx make up enough of his range to warrant a check.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who leads into a preflop raise and reraiser on this flop. What hands? Would you 3bet AA and KK preflop here. I would. That leaves 1010, and 88. I think your line reeks of strength and you never put the villain to a tough decision. I dont like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. what?

you guys are so ridiculously unimaginative. like many of you. SOME PEOPLE RERAISE PREFLOP WITH MORE THAN JUST AA/KK. /endrant
Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 PM

I am talking about what hands YOU can have, not your opponents. Youve lead into a pfr and a pfrr. Isnt that kind of fishy? I see UTG folded. Makes my point less valid. Still, would you call in the SB with A10 here, 10Js? This flop here is so dry. I guess you are tryingto to rep an overpair here but would you check it twice after that? I think a cold call in the SB really narrows your hand range here to mid pair. Leading the flop now has range of 88-qq. Turn check is ok, but river check. You wouldnt bet qq for value here? What are you trying to convince villain you have that he can move you off of.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:10 PM

this hand is heads up

and no it isn't fishy on this board it looks weak as hell imo...
Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 PM

If this guy was playing overly aggressively preflop, then he was probably aware of how other players percieve him, and so he knows they aren't giving him credit for A-A or K-K every single time he reraises preflop. From his perspective, a lead out bet could be a probe bet with a pretty wide range of hands.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:15 PM

I am not claiming to know your potential hand range from his point of view. You have a much better idea of that than me. Could you provide what you thought he thought so I can learn?

For ex, are AKs/o and AQs/o in your hand range here? If so would you lead this flop with them. More importantly, would he think you would lead this flop with them?