Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:18 AM

Default just a matter of preference

3/6 nl - Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] effective stacks 700

Hero limps UTG, 4 limpers and blinds complete.

Flop (36): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets 16, BB calls 16, Hero raises to 70, MP makes it 225...

very simple hand, just wondering barring reads having a normal image, call and make move on turn or just push here and why?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: just a matter of preference

Push now. He doesnt look like he is folding, and we dont want a spade to come and ruin the fun. He might make himself believe we have a big draw, or he might not care and be happy to go to the felt with A9 here, and we wouldnt want to deprive him of that opportunity.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:26 AM

It looks like a underset or a combo draw (pair + flush ?) It might also be top two but with only one Ace remaining in the deck its not that likely. Anyway you should push I think here with his possible hands.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:44 AM

do you really think i can't stack him anyway if a spade comes??? i think pushing maybe lets him off too easy for his range (2 pair folds 99 calls 55 probably calls). and if he folds many of his hands here it is more profitable to wait for a spade not to fall (it usually won't) to c/r him all in on the turn...
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 AM

I dont even think he would fold a flush darw on 2 pair at this point. I push, but personally it looks like set over set and he wont fold now or on the turn.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 AM

If you flat call on the flop are you checking to him on the turn?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 nl - Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] effective stacks 700

Hero limps UTG, 4 limpers and blinds complete.

Flop (36): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets 16, BB calls 16, Hero raises to 70, MP makes it 225...

very simple hand, just wondering barring reads having a normal image, call and make move on turn or just push here and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

unless he is a maniac and high prob of him bluffing, just push now so you can represent a flush draw.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 AM

yah this one was boring but it made me think. in the hand i pushed and he called with A5 but if it were me in that limped pot (vs an UTG limper) i'm mucking anything but 99 in his spot i think. sure i could have 67 78 of spades type hand but that's the only thing he beats when i push. i think i let A5 off too easy good thing for me the guy wasn't very good.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 AM

Call, lead out the turn. Much less strong of a line and more likely to stack villain.
P.S. When are you going to post the hands where you limp UTG w/AA and lose a medium-sized pot when you fold even though villain's hand is less clear because he doesn't know how strong you are? Every time you limp UTG w/AA it seems you flop top set and get a ton of action.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. When are you going to post the hands where you limp UTG w/AA and lose a medium-sized pot when you fold even though villain's hand is less clear because he doesn't know how strong you are? Every time you limp UTG w/AA it seems you flop top set and get a ton of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! i was thinking the same thing. seems like these are action tables and every time i have AA and limp utg it gets limped around, but then i flop set over set or set v two pair so it works out in the end.

so you'd call/lead turn... see my previous post, i really think i should not have pushed. did i mention i HATE playing out of position?