Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Found my biggest leak!

Recently I was posting this hand , where I assumed to be behind preflop. The flop didn't help me, but I still called a bet from villain, before folding on the turn.
I was analysing the situation and found my biggest leak:
I'm too often hoping to outplay the villains! If I don't hit the flop (which is of course often the case), I hope to be able to run a bluff. Always. (OK, not always, but much too often).

One of the reasons is, that I'm 1-tabling. So, being tight, I play only every 5th hand. Of these hands, I miss the flop often (as everybody). But if I miss too often in a row, I get impatient. So I try bluffs based on my impatience, not on the occasions.

When I was analysing my general play, I found out, that I lose most of my money in situations, where I'm behind and I know, I'm behind, but I hope to make villain fold. Especially heads up. Of course, sometimes it works, but it works too few to be profitable.

So,
- I have to become more patient
- I have to better time my bluffs
- and maybe multitabling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I play poker to have fun, but waiting all the time for a good enough hand isn't fun. OK, losing is also no fun. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'm curious, what future brings. Because finding a leak is one thing, but being able to turn it off is another. I AM just an impatient guy.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Found my biggest leak!

Yeah, I would say that especially at the small stakes, you can't count on getting the villan to fold.

The only situation where it is going to work is if you are sure that the villan missed or is fishing a draw. If he is calling, then most likely he hit a pair and he will call down.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Found my biggest leak!

I don't know how you concentrate but if your anything like me I suggest 2 tabling. Even if it means going down a level. If you never bluffed (stone cold without a read) at Small stakes, you would not lose any value.