Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM

Default 2/5 Crown Hand

Hey guys

Haven't played much NL for a while, was hoping you guys could check this hand for me.

The game has been playing really loose preflop, and pretty passive postflop - don't think I've seen any aggressive overplaying or big bluffs yet. Often 3-4 guys to the flop for a $25-$30 raise. I start the hand with ~$480 - everyone in this hand has me covered or close to it. My image is really tight, but I don't think the players care too much - they're here to gambooool!!

I open for $30 in EMP with AA, 2 coldcallers right behind me and both blinds call. The second caller behind is fairly tough - everyone else is loose/passive/bad. 5-way, $150 pot.

Flop QT8 rainbow.

I bet $110, planning on folding to any flop raise, but pushing on most turns depending on # of callers and scariness of turn. I underbet so that I still had some room to move on the turn if necessary.

How was my play?? How were my thoughts?? Please be harsh. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 2/5 Crown Hand

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Hey guys

Haven't played much NL for a while, was hoping you guys could check this hand for me.

The game has been playing really loose preflop, and pretty passive postflop - don't think I've seen any aggressive overplaying or big bluffs yet. Often 3-4 guys to the flop for a $25-$30 raise. I start the hand with ~$480 - everyone in this hand has me covered or close to it. My image is really tight, but I don't think the players care too much - they're here to gambooool!!

I open for $30 in EMP with AA, 2 coldcallers right behind me and both blinds call. The second caller behind is fairly tough - everyone else is loose/passive/bad. 5-way, $150 pot.

Flop QT8 rainbow.

I bet $110, planning on folding to any flop raise, but pushing on most turns depending on # of callers and scariness of turn. I underbet so that I still had some room to move on the turn if necessary.

How was my play?? How were my thoughts?? Please be harsh. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Imho basic play, nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:08 PM

in a live game with your stack size i wouldnt care being all in on the flop, if they raise me I gamble with them. keep in mind yes, you could be nearly dead to KJ, or 88 / QT could be in there, but live + shortish stacks + tons of preflop callers = You'll be ahead alot more then you'd think then behind.

BTW, you use dollars at the Crown? Thought it was australlian? (And if the Australlian currency is dollars, I guess it really shows my global ignorance)
Old 10-08-2005, 03:29 PM

I dont mind getting it all-in on flop and OP has two of KJ's straight outs so KJ is drawing but im assuming you misread the board.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mind getting it all-in on flop and OP has two of KJ's straight outs so KJ is drawing but im assuming you misread the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

good call, ment J9 for the straight! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So yea, occaisonally two pair or straight shows up, but tons of pair + gut or worse that'll get in there live with ya..
Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, you use dollars at the Crown? Thought it was australlian? (And if the Australlian currency is dollars, I guess it really shows my global ignorance)

[/ QUOTE ]

ignorance++
Old 10-08-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ignorance++

[/ QUOTE ]

ty