Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Live $1/2 Pot Limit hand.....7-5 sooted

[ QUOTE ]
i am mixing it up really well tonight, and have been getting paid off nicely on big hands, and stealing good size pots on the flop with bets and raises.

i(~$600) am in early position with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. after an unprdictable UTG (~$430) player limps, and another loose player limps, i make it $10 to go. the action is folded around to the button (~$58), who cold calls. the blinds fold, and UTG raises another $20. i call, putting him squarely on AA or KK, knowing i will stack him off if i hit a big flop. the button, who has the "[censored]-its", pushes the rest of his stack in, declaring "i know i'm drawing live". UTG calls, as do i .

Flop ($180): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets $80, and i raise, putting him all in.

any issues with the way i played my hand here?

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing to consider when "mixing it up" is that squeezing extra value by exploiting shania is very very very slimly +EV. this is something to be done against solid opponents who play well and against whom you can't take a lot of money with conventional play.

given the above, when you do decide to deviate, you need the best deviation hands possible, namely premium suited connectors. you want something that makes the high end of the 2345 straight and will hit as many flops as possible.

75s is not that hand and the game you described is not that game.

fim