Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: It\'s heads up... I raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet

thanks for the nice words...and as for picking an easy hand to work my way back with...eff that, being wrong is better than being right...

my problem is still that since villain is a first level thinker, he is only saying "look what i have in my hand"...

he limps in late position, but based on your stats he is not a total anything plays kind of guy, so he probably has some kind of hand whether it be good or only marginal, it probably isn't some piece of [censored]...

on the flop he donks, this board? wtf??? he knows that you raised preflop and even if he isn't really puttin you on a hand he still knows this...he is saying "hey, i like my hand, lets put in some bets"...he could have an overpair, trips, top pair, maybe even a flush draw...we have an overpair so we call (i still dig a raise here, but whatever)...

on the turn our first level villain sees a K, but hes still betting? most loose/passive players are checking this to a preflop raiser even if they aren't actively trying to put you on a hand...most will say "big card...preflop raiser...call, call, call, call, call"...i think that this is a place where if you think that putting two more bets into the pot is the best idea then one should go in on the turn and one on the river...show this hand down if you want to put in two bets...while its true that you can definitely fold to a 3bet, are you really gonna be ahead often if villain calls the raise and calls a river bet? or would you take a free showdown?

do you think he will bet the river with a hand that you beat if you just call the turn? will he check/call the river with a hand you beat (something like 77/A4)?

bleh, poker is hard...tear me a new one if im being retarded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]